Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to view threads with high post count beyond a few months back.

Options
  • 04-09-2011 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi,

I have my thread views set to show all threads from the beginning by default. So for example, if I want to find a thread with a large amount of replies I hit the sort by replies button and the highest number of threads since that forum was created shows up. Really handy to find good, interesting threads, or something specific in an event-related thread.

In the last week or so, even when I choose to sort by highest to lowest replies in a forum, I'm only getting a few months worth of results, and not all of them. I've tried this on 2 machines, along with both Firefox and Chrome. I know there was a lot going on with the new search function, and the question may already be answered, but is this an issue or is there another way to access most replied threads from "the beginning"?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Do you see where it says "Filter Threads" at the top of the forum? You should be able to select the "Beginning" option and then click "Show Threads". I think the forum default is the last 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

Yep, I have from the beginning set to default, it changes from last 3 months to beginning as soon as I log in, but if I try to list from beginning in PI for instance, and view by number of replies, then...oh wait. I clicked through a few pages and I found all those threads from years ago that I thought disappeared. It seems that it prioritises 2011 results even if say there's a thread with 27 replies in 2011 and then the next page will be a thread with 178 replies from 2005. Weird. Sorry, I should've poked around a bit more!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

No problem. Glad to help.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement