Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB public register

Options
  • 04-09-2011 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what way the public register is kept for the PRTB.
    I was just looking up the register recently to see if i could find details of a neighbours landlord.
    However I noticed while the property was reg'd before, it doesn't appear anymore even though it is still rented, another property that was also rented is still on the register, they all have tenants for approximately the same time.
    I know tenancies are reg'd for 4 years but assume they are updated annually when a new tenant isnt regd within the 4 years.

Is there a way of contacting the landlord through the PRTB? and if they are no longer reg'd but are still rented, it seems strange that an error would occur in about 4 out of 5 properties?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

They're way behind on registrations apparently- it doesn't necessarily mean a property is or isn't registered with them. It would be nice if there was a 'pending' status that any would automatically be attached to any registration while the details were being updated- and would alert people to the fact that the record in question may not be uptodate- but unfortunately there isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Write to the PRTB, explaining why you need the details e.g. anti-social behavior by the tenant, dangerous building, etc. and they may be able to provide current details.

Advertisement