Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April/May 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I got flutters and movements for christmas from baba :D. Couldnt possibly have had a better gift this year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I am only dying with indigestion. Its mad I never had it anywhere near as bad when pregnant with my daughter. When I did it was when I ate onions only.
    I'm eating rennies/gaviscon like they're going out of fashion. It feels like someone has set the back of my throat on fire, so uncomfortable :( fingers crossed it'll ease off soon.

I'm dying with indigestion aswell Cap, I find some foods make it worse than others or if I let myself get too hungry and then have a big meal :rolleyes: It usually hits at night and is so bad sometimes I feel like vomiting, just another joy of being pregnant that they don't tell you about ;)

Aren't those first flutters amazing Neyite, wait until you can actually see them from the outside, I could sit and watch my belly dance all day :D

With just another week until I hit my third and final trimester I am starting to feel very pregnant. Everything feels like a chore, getting out of bed, tying shoes, getting in and out of the car, getting off the couch.........I could go on :p
    I'm so ready to get this baba out and get back to normal or as normal as life will be from then on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

i too am feeling shockin pregnant.. as you said everythings a pain in the butt!! But then about an hour ago, i felt something, like as if i can feel either a bum or a head... its very very strange, then it will flip and i cant feel it any more... so weird, but so cool.

but yeah, im done with it now, and Im not even due till april 1st haha, i just wanna meet my baby now!!!!!!

I bought loads of clothes yesterday too :rolleyes: but i could resist, some beautiful suits for three frickin euro in pennys!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

It's another boy :D I'm delighted,will have three little men. Went to mothercare yesterday and got some good bargains,especially 2 packs of long sleeved vests,found them invaluable before,must have a look in penneys next week! Anyway scan showed that i'm now jumped a week ahead on my dates so looks like it'll be another big one! I was 2 days ahead on the hosp scan in oct. My second little man was not so little at 9lbs,5oz :eek: , won't scare the first timers with the amount of stitches i had,lol. Hope everyone is well,i hear ye on the indegestion,keeping my gaviscon v close!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Aw Angell that's lovely that you found out the sex! wow anything over 9lb has my eye's watering at the thoughts!!

Will definitely be keeping the gaviscon/rennies close at hand!

Ms2011 I'm the same, it was mental in work a few days ago so I was an hour or two late going to lunch............oh the indigestion :(
    I so agree Pennies has some brill bargains! I don't get in often (me and crowds don't mix!), but the odd time I do get in I normally stock up on any bigger size stuff they have on sale. I'm so thankful now for all the little jeans/trousers I got for my little girl Spring last year that fit her now & were all €1-2 per pair!

Neyite that is so lovely feeling those flutters and Christmas day too, makes it all the more precious :)

Static I love that feeling when you can identify a part that baby is poking out :) this little baba doesn't seem to be as active (yet) as their big sister was, I'm looking forward to feeling a bit more movement.

I'm feeling very pregnant some times too. I have to get used to not being able to bend over ladylike to pick stuff up from the floor, bump now means having to stand legs apart and squat down, I feel (and look!) like a pensioner when I do it!
    Can still see my toes though so all good :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hi everyone, hope all your christmases went well.
    This thread has been too quiet.;)
    Congrats on finding out the sex Angel, 3 boys!! Your house will be mad, ha.
    I know how you all feel about feeling pregnant, finding it tough putting on the shoes alright, never mind when Im bigger. Finding myself short of breath also, anyone else have the same feeling??
    I have bought a few baby gros and vests in the last few days its so exciting!!:D

today and yesterday ive felt awful drained and breathless, and himself says i look very pale.. its prob just his diplomatic way of tellin me i look sh1t :)

I also had to buy a little stool to help put my shoes on.. I just got one of those little stools that kiddies use for getting onto the loo when being potty trained. Three quid in guineys.. great job.

im starting to feel like a little fish in a big pond tho. I had a read of the newborn thread, where everyones giving their 2 cents worth on the correct way to make up a bottle.. its times like this i wish me mum was still alive.. I miss all this advice straight from the horses mouth kinda thing. WHO KNEW there were so many diff ways and so much diff advice on bottle making up!!!! Feeling a little thicker haha

Our antenatal classes start on the 12th of Jan, do they tell you all this stuff at them? or at least give you a few tips?? Ive not changed a nappy in 18 years (was ten when youngest sister was born)... will it all just come flooding back??

really really hope this stuff is second nature stuff :eek:

Staticdoor my friends who have had babies lately all make their bottles up as they are needed. I think that will be very tough. It was never done like that when my sisters had theirs. They made up a batch and used them as needed, then made another. My bro in law has said his sister was doing hers the new way and was wrecked! He suggested she change to the old way and the baby in thriving and she had more of a routine for herself.
    I am doing the ante natal classes also but it doesnt say anything on the itinery about the normal day to day things but friends have said the nurses are very good and will answer any of your questions when you have the baby.

I did it the old way too and have a thriving toddler who was never sick as a result of her bottles.

I did try the new way for a few days but was exhausted and had a very frustrated baby screaming at me when her bottle was due but we had to wait for it to cool.

Personally I think once the preparation area/bottles etc are sterilised and kept hygienic it reduces the majority of the risk involved with preparing in batches.

Static that's gas having the little stool, I have one of those in work for stuff I can't reach :D

Cadyboo my sis in law had their first in sept and she was doing it the old way too but the poor little guy didn't take to it at all so she had to go back to doing it the other way. Now she takes up the bottle with the boiled water in it and the milk powder in a little container with the exact amount of scoops and when he wakes for a feed she just mixes it up and it's fresh straight away :) I did the bottles in the fridge with my second but that was almost 5 yrs ago now so will be doing it her way this time around. I want a little stool!

• Advertisement

ah thanks ladies... so basically, i can boil the water, put the right amount in the bottles and seal it while hot, then as needed add the formula and shake, but dont keep the water more than 24 hours??

i was speaking to my aunt and apparently my mum never ever heated a bottle for us, they were all room temp, which she herself followed.. (sounds like a plan to me, at least you can go places without having to get the bottle heated)...

Feeling a little more relaxed now. Had a major freak out last night.. basically a "oh my f**king god we will have a baby in 12 weeks time kinda thing". it all got a bit too scarey (the whole family was over for dinner, and NON STOP baby talk :rolleyes:)....

Is it wrong that i crave a conversation that doesnt revolve around being pregnant or babies.. does that make me a bad person?:o

Cant wait to use my xmas present from himself.. He got us 2 nights away in the presidential suit of a very fancy hotel, and a mum to be spa treatment.. and I cannot wait to just go and forget most of the world for a whole weekend before our world gets knocked upside down :D

Hope everyones feeling good... last day of 2011 huh... jaysus it flew!!! Was looking for something non alcoholic for meself for tonight with a cork to pop... doesnt seem to exist around here tho haha, can of coke for meeeeee :D

Happy and safe new year Ladies.. Have a lovely evening xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elainen73

hi all. im new to here and was wondering if someone could tell me if its normal to have only 2 scans throughout my pregnancy. i always went private and jst can not afford private care this time round this is my 4th pregnancy with 5th baby please god. i had scan at 14 weeks and next one will be 32 weeks. is this normal its just i thought i would have gotten another scan at 20-24 weeks?

Well i had my first scan at 12 weeks, and as far as I know, unless they feel something is wrong, thats all ill be getting. Im going public in Mayo general

Feeling a little more relaxed now. Had a major freak out last night.. basically a "oh my f**king god we will have a baby in 12 weeks time kinda thing". it all got a bit too scarey (the whole family was over for dinner, and NON STOP baby talk :rolleyes:)....

Is it wrong that i crave a conversation that doesnt revolve around being pregnant or babies.. does that make me a bad person?:o

Happy and safe new year Ladies.. Have a lovely evening xx

I am the exact same. I don't mind choosing to talk about pregnancy and babies while on this but everytime anyone calls or group of girls meet it is all baby talk! It is great sometimes. But do they not realise that it is all I think about so would love to blank it out for an hour or so.;)

elainen73 wrote: »
    hi all. im new to here and was wondering if someone could tell me if its normal to have only 2 scans throughout my pregnancy. i always went private and jst can not afford private care this time round this is my 4th pregnancy with 5th baby please god. i had scan at 14 weeks and next one will be 32 weeks. is this normal its just i thought i would have gotten another scan at 20-24 weeks?

In Limerick you get one at 14 weeks and one at 32. I went for a private scan a couple of weeks ago,only costs €120 and was well worth it imo. Happy New Year everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elainen73

Thanks for replies girls. Am going to ring tues for app for private scan. Too long of a wait till 32 weeks. Happy new year!

Congratulations Elainen73 on your pregnancy :) I agree it is such a big gap between scans.
    That said, on my last pregnancy and this I was told I would only get the booking one and one further at 32 weeks, but I always seem to get more scans.

The private one is the way to go though to give you peace of mind. Plus its lovely getting to see baby :)

Staticdoor, I'm the same, I'm not into talking baby stuff 24/7, that's what I have the boards forums for :D
    That said, I do find I get less questioning this time compared to my last pregnany. The novelty has worn off for the family now ;)

Happy new year ladies, hope ye all had a good one. So lovely thinking we'll all get to meet our wee baba's in a short few months!

My boss was talking about advertising for my maternity cover soon to give me plenty of time to train someone in. Brought it all home that its only a few short months really!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Hi all, glad to see everyone is doing so well, it's been a while since I've been on! 24 weeks and i feel SO pregnant, the difference in the last week alone is crazy.
    I've got the whole 'pregnant woman' way of getting up off the couch or out of the car, crossing my legs aint as easy as it used to be, boobs are leaking at night, bump has gotten HUGE, a couple of stretch marks have started to appear and baby starts kicking every time i get up to go to the bathroom at night. Ànd I wouldn't change any of it for the world, April can't come quick enough. :D

We had our scan before christmas and we're having a boy, the sonographer told us she was 100% sure of the sex, so we ended up buying a few bits in the sales.

Reading the posts about how to make bottles up reminds me of how little I know, I don't know how to do ANYTHING. At all. Only held a baby properly for the first time a few weeks ago and was terrified I'd drop her. Everyone's telling me it's different when you have your own and that you pick it up as you go along, so I'm praying thats true. It's my first so I just hope I'm not in the hospital for too long and can get home quickly with the baba.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and wanna wish you all a happy new year. it's gonna be a good one ;)

Shuwaaah congrats on finding out you're having a boy! Great to hear all is going well with you :)
    That was great being able to pick up a few bits too :)

Shuwaaah congrats on finding out you're having a boy! Great to hear all is going well with you :)
    That was great being able to pick up a few bits too :)

Yeah, so hard not to get carried away, so much stuff out there! My mum is mad to get us a Moses basket or changing table, not sure if we really need either, as we have a carrycot with the pram, and people are telling us Moses baskets are more hassle than they're worth as they creak and wake the baby up (but part of me wants one anyway), and i wasn't that pushed about the changing table until i saw one for fifty euro that doubled up as a bath too.
    If i had money to buy all this stuff id be dangerous :-P

How are you getting on cap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Hi Ladies, Happy New Year to ya'll :D... I had a very sober Christmas and New Year but i really enjoyed myself...

Hope you all are doing well... I'm like yourselves picking up bits and pieces, I hit some shops but I think the sales a brutel this year.. I picked up some baby grows and bibs etc.. we dont know the sex yet so im just going neutral.. I've decided not to get anymore now untill we find out, we have the big scan the 18th I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT..

I bought some baby books as well, you know a guide to bringing baby home etc.. Cause I dont have a CLUE... I'll check the name later and let you's know if the 1st time mammies want read :p

I'm getting on great Shuwaaah thanks :) I had a moses basket but gave it away, it was handy for my little girls day time naps in the living room, but I don't think it'd be safe this time around with a curious toddler around wanting to mooch in and see who/what was in the basket!

As for the changing table, a lot of people will say they're a waste of money (myself included til I got one) but I found it a godsend for my back being able to change baby standing upright, but so so handy for storing all the nick nacks that go with changing nappies creams/wipes etc.
    If you have a the room for it, I'd recommend one!

Cocoemma you're getting your scan 2 days after me, so exciting isn't it?! I'm counting down the days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭macy10

Hi,

I am 21 weeks pregnant and for the past week both my hips have been aching at night, preventing me from sleeping. I have tried using a pillow to place between my legs but with little relief. I also have a pain in my nether region!! (dull muscular pain, not sharp). I'm wondering if any of you are suffering from this or ladies who've already gone through pregnancies do you know what thisis? Will it go away or remain throughut the pregnancy? I can cope with my bladder getting me up at night but tjis pain is really preventing me from ssleeping.

Also, do any of you know where I could purchase a breastfeeding nightdress. Saw one on TV with poppers/clasps on the right and left hand side (not buttons down the front)

Thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

hi macy it could be spd pain or the start of it, im sufferng this time round again myself, im due in june
    http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicpain/
    that link may be of help, my pain is usually in the day or if i over do it on housework but i know towards the middle/end i did suffer something wicked but every case is different..u should see a physio at ur hospital its free, and do pelvic floor excersises, but on a brighter note it goes after birth.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Am 21+4 today. Had the big scan today and it was great. :D

Baby's head, face, spine, kidneys, heart and bones /hands feet are all fine. We didnt want to know the gender so the sonographer zoomed away at that point.

We were not worrying about it, but nice to get the reassurance all the same. Kicking mostly at night, we got a nocturnal one here. - strong enough for dad to feel it faintly from the outside. :)

I'm feeling very stretched at the mo, even though I have a small bump, and looking at it, I'm wondering how baby can get any bigger, because I feel all stretched out and will have to survive on hourly morsels of food soon because nothing else will fit. Galaxy Minstrels count as morsels, right? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Neyite wrote: »
    Kicking mostly at night, we got a nocturnal one here. - strong enough for dad to feel it faintly from the outside. :)

Gonna have a night owl myself I think, as soon as he senses I'm falling asleep at night (which is getting harder by the day) he starts his tap dancing routine :rolleyes::D

How great that your OH can feel the kicks now, I think that is really when it hit my OH that there is really somebody in there lol!!!

My wee man is always kicking at night too, as soon as i lie down he starts. Was lying in bed awake this morning and he was kicking the living daylights out of me for ten minutes straight, i think he's training to be in Riverdance or something!

Neyite that's fantastic that your scan went so well :)
    I'm feeling the same about my tum, I was huffing and puffing like a horse on its last legs last night and worse again in work.
    It felt like the baby was squeezing every last breath out my lungs! If it wasn't for the fact I'd already seen my tum stretched much bigger, I'd wonder was it physically possible to stretch any more!

Just to reassure ye, my little girl would do the whole of riverdance three times a night when in my tum, but thankfully sleeps great :D
    Just in case ye are worried about nocturnal babies when they're out!!

This baby seems a little lazier, definitely doesn't kick as much (yet) as my little girl did.

Macy, I had that on my last pregnancy, never in both sides of my hips at once though, normally alternating sides.
    I found it did ease after a few weeks though, I think it was just growing pains as everything pushed out in my tum :) Hopefully it'll ease off soon for you.

I was reading one of those horoscope inserts that came with the papers for the New Year. Dont ever believe them, but my May horoscope under the heading Love and Sex had the following memorable quote...

"In mid May you will learn some new night-time skills, which will bring an added dimension to your relationship"

er...getting up multiple times in the night to feed a days-old baby? Mystic Meg might want to polish up her crystal ball :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭macy10

Play Bunny,

I read your reply and researched that spd/pelvic girdle pain link, and I'm almost 100% sure that's what I have. Really thought i'd just been spending too much time in bed over the holidays and gave myself hip sore! I was really frightened and upset reading about it, esp since mine has only started. Really hoping it doesnt get much worse. Can barely sleep at night. Is there any help/physio you can get to help with pain?

Thanks

Advertisement