Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April/May 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

I have had problems with this on my last 2 and have it again this time round. Believe me it disappears soon after they are born.

I got my GP to refer me to a physio at the local hospital. I met with her and see gave me one of these belts. I have lost weight since my last fella so needed a new one.

http://physiosupplies.ie/acatalog/Serola_Sacroiliac_Belt.html

She also gave me exercise to do using an exercise ball, basically building up my core muscles and pelvic floor. So I am trying to work on those.

Try not to fret too much go to your GP and get referred asap it will help. If you have any questions just ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭macy10

Fitzcoff,

Thanks for the reassurance. Was in town for the 20 week scan yesterday and Thank God all appears to be well with the baby. Walked around for a bit in town afterwards but it just got too painful and ended up coming home. I went in to mothercare and enquired about a support belt. They fitted be with 2 types but none relieved the pain in the pubic area. They were mainly for lumbar/back pain. I an going to my GP on Tuesday sowill see what she suggests. Q?

Did you have to pay for your physio while pregnant?
    Did you attend the maternity hospitals physio or a private one?
    Did your SPD/PGP get worse as the pregnancy progressed? Were you able to work or did you need crutches?
    On your other chn. were you able to deliver them vaginally or did you need C-section?

I bought a book off amazon last night 'Relieving Pelvic Pain During and After Pregnancy'. Reviews are really good and anything that helps!!

Sorry for bombarding you with all these questions!!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Hi Macy,

I'll do my best with your questions. sorry for the long post.

On my first I attended a physio in the hospital which I was referred to by the consultant. I didn't have to pay to see her but I did have to buy the belt myself. She told me where to get it and what size to buy. It was from nursing needs or something like that in Cork.

On my second, just before I got pregnant I put my sacroiliac joint out, one of the joints in the pelvis and was attending a chiropractor so continued going to him for the pregnancy as I believed he was doing something for me. This was costing me €40 a visit but I was literally walking in with one leg shorter than the other and walking out straight. So it wasn't just for SPD I was attending him for.

This time around I could feel the niggles very early on, esp lying in bed at night I had a bruised feeling at the front of the pelvic bone so I said it to my GP when I went to get the referral to hosp/confirm pregnancy. He wrote to the local hospital and I was seen by the physio there. On my first visit she went through what SPD was and simple things like keeping your legs together, pillow between the legs etc. She also gave me one of the belts free of charge.

On my next visit she went through exercise ball and ways of getting relief and how to build my core muscles. If you strengthen these it reduces the pain, supposedly;)

I haven't had any appointment with her since but she said to ring her if I have any problems or need a new belt or if things get worse. I am only 16 weeks now so things are ok so far.

The pain on my first was worse than on the second. On my first I was taking baby steps all the time. I can remember being in hosp (was in and out with high BP) and I could barely put on my slippers. It was amazing the day after I had him the pain was gone. I didn't need crutches but I was more or less on bed rest/taking in easy from 32 weeks so I was out of work from then.

On my second the pain/uncomfortable feeling was grand, a nuisance more than anything, got my husband to do things like the hoovering, and to come with me when doing the shopping to push the trolley,

Biggest thing I'd advise is take the help when you can and don't be afraid to ask for it. Try not to fret it, i know easier said than done but crutches are a worse case, you might not get that way.

I had a section on both boys but it was due to high blood pressure on the first and him not wanting to come out, on the second I went for an elective section.

Hope this helps if you have anything to ask feel free, I'll try my best to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

got my buggy today wooohoooo its all so exciting!!!!!!! :D

we decided on the Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe Travel System
    came with the buggy, travel cot, car seat and base for the car... God it all feels so real now..

Now all i need to get is a few blankets, and ill be all set if junior decides to grace us with its presence early :D

had my 28 week appointment with the hospital yesterday..and felt like a frickin zoo exhibition :(

midwife (the one i already dont like), a male medical student (not long out of nappys himself) and a female midwifery student (she was ok, but 100% clueless, didnt even know how they did the glucose test)

So my gut was poked and prodded 3 times, measured three times, listened for a heartbeat three times, blood pressure tested twice, urine dipped twice... It was not funny.. and my stomach feels really tender today now..

I was in a good mood yest when the midwife asked would I mind if the two newbies stepped in, but i wont be agreeing again.. I didnt sleep a wink (his god damn snoring didnt help either :( ) and now ive to go do a days work...

Reallllllyyyyy cranky today!!!!!!!

Also, the nerves are starting to settle in now.. realisation hit yesterday, that my baby might already be born by the time my next hospital appointment comes around!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Hello Ladies!!
    I havn't posted here in so so long but I'm finally getting to read through previous posts and delighted to see everyone and their babies are doing well!
    I'm 22+ 5 today wohoo!
    We had our big scan last Monday in the Rotunda and everything went well. The nurse/midwife asked was my first baby a big baby and I told her she was 7lbs 1.5oz and she said this baby is slightly on the bigger side-eeeek freaked me out to be a big baby already! I had a nasty tear with my daughter and I'm really worried about it happening again with this baby. Last time I suppose I didnt prepare myself properly and do the excercises and stretches etc so this time I'm going to do Pregnanay yoga and the lovely stretch(not) ! So hopefully that'll help!

I'm also reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth which I am enjoying, it is making me think about childbirth differently and more positively so we'll see when the day finally comes how much it helps!

We have yet to buy anything for the baby yet, I feel so behind the rest of you ladies. I have been looking at travel systems online though and I like the look of the Mamas and Papas Sola-anyone bought this or know anyone that has it?? I might go test it out at the weekend!

xx

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

22+3 today.

Mini Rant: why do the baby bump apps compare baby to fruit I've never fecking heard of? This week its a spagetti squash. What the hell is that??

The blokes book sheds some light on the matter by comparing this weeks size to a telly remote control. Now that is in normal people speak. :)

Babys kicks are heftier - Dad can feel them now, although baby usually does riverdance, then stops the minute Dad tries to feel, then starts up the minute Dad gets fed up waiting. Methinks we have a new joker in the family :D. Little messer.

I have a nice pregnant bump now, I has finally stopped looking like She Who Drank All the Pints. I even still have my waist at the sides, which is great. Apart from bump, I have no other size change, and weight gain is nice and steady as it should be.

Booked my pregnancy yoga, starting it next week - I feel all Earth Mother, and maternally spiritual or something.

Havent looked at any baby stuff, we have been offered loads so have to visit friends and sift through their attic, then assess what we need then after that. Grandma Neyite is chomping at the bit to buy something, but I have her warned. Poor lady restrained herself to a tiny hat so far. Bless!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Neyite wrote: »
    22+3 today.

Mini Rant: why do the baby bump apps compare baby to fruit I've never fecking heard of? This week its a spagetti squash. What the hell is that??

The blokes book sheds some light on the matter by comparing this weeks size to a telly remote control. Now that is in normal people speak. :)

Babys kicks are heftier - Dad can feel them now, although baby usually does riverdance, then stops the minute Dad tries to feel, then starts up the minute Dad gets fed up waiting. Methinks we have a new joker in the family :D. Little messer.

I have a nice pregnant bump now, I has finally stopped looking like She Who Drank All the Pints. I even still have my waist at the sides, which is great. Apart from bump, I have no other size change, and weight gain is nice and steady as it should be.

Booked my pregnancy yoga, starting it next week - I feel all Earth Mother, and maternally spiritual or something.

Havent looked at any baby stuff, we have been offered loads so have to visit friends and sift through their attic, then assess what we need then after that. Grandma Neyite is chomping at the bit to buy something, but I have her warned. Poor lady restrained herself to a tiny hat so far. Bless!

My wee one is the same, he'd be going mental in there and as soon as his dad comes over to feel, he'll stop. Then he'll get going again as soon as dad has left the room! However the other day my partner was resting his head on my belly and babs gave him a wee kick in the face, priceless!!!

Nearly wet myself laughing at what you said about the remote control - I need to start getting serious with the exercises!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Oh staticdoor, that sounds like a right pain in the ar$e having the students poke and prod at you :eek: I don't blame you for not wanting a repeat performance.

I'll remember to politely decline if in the same situation myself!
    I did have a student last time, she was fine, it was the consultant tutoring her that bugged me. She was that bit over zealous when feeling and prodding my bump in an effort to teach the student that like you I was in bits the day after!

Saggycaggy, if its any consolation a friend of mine had the life frightened out of her a week before she gave birth by a midwife telling her her baby was going to be at least 9lbs +, however a week later she had a fine size 7lb baby. Hopefully your midwife is a bit off with the measurements so far or it'll balance out towards the end.
    My little girl was 6lbs 7ozs and popped out so I've my fingers crossed for the same next time :D

Neyite you'll be burning incense and getting all tantric on us :D I never tried the pregnancy yoga before - is it worth doing?
    I did ordinary yoga years and years ago but kept falling asleep by the end of the class :o
    I feel like such a whale at the moment, I couldn't visualise myself being able to pull my limbs into any shapes required for yoga :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Neyite you'll be burning incense and getting all tantric on us :D I never tried the pregnancy yoga before - is it worth doing?
    I did ordinary yoga years and years ago but kept falling asleep by the end of the class :o
    I feel like such a whale at the moment, I couldn't visualise myself being able to pull my limbs into any shapes required for yoga :)

Ommmmm.......

Its designed for whales :D I'm rapidly getting to that stage. The blurb I read says that it strengethens your arms & legs, and prepares your pelvis for the big job at hand. You dont do the regular core exercises that normal yoga has (working the abdominals) I did it for about a year and loved it, and if helps to give me stamina for labour then I'm all for it.

I will report back in detail after my monday night class!

• Advertisement

Grr I've gotten so whiney this last week (see ultra-long moan in Moan Thread), loads of annoying little things.

Just over 14 weeks left, 99 days or thereabouts till i see my baba. :-D

I was watching One Born Every Minute the other day, despite feeling so sorry for the blonde woman (and being TERRIFIED when the baby looked so blue when he came out, he was fine in the end though), and despite having to look away from the screen every time they showed a baby crowning, I am really looking forward to going into labour.
    How will i handle it, will i get an epi, will i tear, will i need intervention, will i need a c-section, how big will the baby be, will i go early or be really late, etc etc. All these questions floating around in my head.

Also, will it be like the dream i had the other day where the wee man came out with the exact same hairstyle as his dad, but looked exactly like the kid who played Damien in the Omen?

Hope everyone here is doing good :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    Grr I've gotten so whiney this last week (see ultra-long moan in Moan Thread), loads of annoying little things.

Just over 14 weeks left, 99 days or thereabouts till i see my baba. :-D

I was watching One Born Every Minute the other day, despite feeling so sorry for the blonde woman (and being TERRIFIED when the baby looked so blue when he came out, he was fine in the end though), and despite having to look away from the screen every time they showed a baby crowning, I am really looking forward to going into labour.
    How will i handle it, will i get an epi, will i tear, will i need intervention, will i need a c-section, how big will the baby be, will i go early or be really late, etc etc. All these questions floating around in my head.

Also, will it be like the dream i had the other day where the wee man came out with the exact same hairstyle as his dad, but looked exactly like the kid who played Damien in the Omen?

Hope everyone here is doing good :-)

I am bawling every week at one born every minute. I also look up episodes on line and cry at them :o I just keep thinking I am going to have a lovely birth like the two quiet girls last week. The blonde girl kind of made me want to turn it off. I felt like shouting at her, hope Im not like her when the time comes.:D

Anyway how are all your bumps growing?? For a good while evryone said 'oh you're getting big' and now people are saying I am so tidy for 27 weeks. So now they are worrying me :( Can't win.

Reporting back from the pregnancy yoga class:

It was lovely and gentle - nothing streneous at all. It was mostly all gentle stretches, posture checking, and breathing linked into working the pelvic muscles which made sense - The instructor said told us to clench them while slowly breathing in, then let go fully and let them relax when breathing out - this will then become automatic during the exhaling and pushing during labour, so you are pushing through fully relaxed pelvic muscles.

There was a little bit of work on strengthening the leg muscles and arm exercises.

At the end we all curled up on our mats with a pillow and a blankie and the lights down low, with her gently talking in the background. I almost sucked my thumb I was that content :D

Cadyboo - my bump is a deffo preggers bump at the moment, but I am still quite neat and tidy. Dont mind what people say - as long as baby is measuring up well at appointments, who cares about the size? baby is only part of the bump, theres all the fluid and placenta too. Tell 'em to fup off if they start.

Has anyone had unwanted bump rubbing yet? I havent but if anyone does they will hear all about it! :p

Neyite wrote: »
    Reporting back from the pregnancy yoga class:

It was lovely and gentle - nothing streneous at all. It was mostly all gentle stretches, posture checking, and breathing linked into working the pelvic muscles which made sense - The instructor said told us to clench them while slowly breathing in, then let go fully and let them relax when breathing out - this will then become automatic during the exhaling and pushing during labour, so you are pushing through fully relaxed pelvic muscles.

There was a little bit of work on strengthening the leg muscles and arm exercises.

At the end we all curled up on our mats with a pillow and a blankie and the lights down low, with her gently talking in the background. I almost sucked my thumb I was that content :D

Cadyboo - my bump is a deffo preggers bump at the moment, but I am still quite neat and tidy. Dont mind what people say - as long as baby is measuring up well at appointments, who cares about the size? baby is only part of the bump, theres all the fluid and placenta too. Tell 'em to fup off if they start.

Has anyone had unwanted bump rubbing yet? I havent but if anyone does they will hear all about it! :p

Neyite, how far along are you now? Im thinking of starting the yoga myself, but worried i may have left it too late, 26 weeks today and i find it hard to move if I've been sitting / lying in the one position too long. Which is why yoga would be perfect for me, if Im able to do it :-D

I wouldn't pay any heed about what people say about the bump either, in town last week someone told me i was huge and was adamant there was more than one baby in there. (which made my day as it was the first time a stranger commented on the bump, which was great as it meant i looked Definitely Pregnant as opposed to Beer Belly-Tastic)
    And then half an hour later someone else told me i was tiny hehe

Neyite great to hear how you got on at yoga :) I am tempted to give it a go, I must see if there are classes nearby.

I agree with ye on the bump critiquing people do, I put no pass this time round, I think most the people passing comment don't have a clue and only say it to make conversation.
    Once my gp is happy enough with the size of my bump, then that's enough for me :)

Shuwaaah that's gas the baby coming out with the same hairstyle as his dad. I hope mine doesn't, my other half is losing most of his hair and greying - not a good luck for a baby!!
    I'm the same, bawl at every episode of Once born every minute, love it all the same! It's so interesting seeing it from a third person perspective.

I had my long awaited ante natal appointment today (last one was October), it was really rushed so bit of an anti climax really!

I was put straight in to see the consultant when I was called; no midwife visit first & no need for bloods.
    I had questions to ask the midwife but things were so rushed that I got to ask nothing!
    The clinic was like a cattle mart, why they get so many people to arrive for the one time of appointment makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! :mad:

The doctor was very good and did try her best to find out the sex for me, but baby wasn't cooperating!
    So I'm going to see if I can get an appointment for next week to have a 3D scan done.

I know there's mixed opinions about them here, but for peace of mind I would prefer to have the thorough examination that the clear scan gives (as well as being curious about the sex :o).
    I nearly wasn't getting a scan at all today, the doctor couldn't find the baby's heartbeat so said she would get a scan done to check things.

My poor husband nearly had a heart attack I think at not being able to find the heart beat, but I was pretty confident that all was ok, baby had been moving only a few minutes before. It was just the way the baby was lying that made finding the heartbeat tricky.

Ooh I did get one good outcome today, the doctor said I'm measuring closer to 28 weeks (my my dates I'm 26+4) so anything that brings me closer to the finish line is fine by me :)

Hey ladies. Good to hear everyones doing well.

I had that stoooooopid glucose tolerance test today :( longest day ever!!!!

Fasting since nine last night. In hosp at nine this morning. Not seem till half past.

Three rounds of blood taken later and the rankest drink ever and I finally got to eat at half twelve.

My poor stomach thought me throat had been cut!!!

Surely in this day and age they can come up with an easier way to test. A pregnant woman does not need to be starved for twelve hours.

Apart from that all else is good. 29+2 today. Started buying stuff to pack my hospital bag. Premature I'm sure but his sister just had a nine pounder THREE weeks early!!!!!! and I've only ten weeks and a few days. I hope they fly!!!!

I even bought nappies today :) feel like such a grown up haha

I think I've bought all I'm going to buy now for the baby. I'll live wit what we have. See what we get from people. Then go from there. I've way more clothes that I thought. And I went and bought more today haha oh well. That's all part of the fun.

Really starting to get excited now. 6 weeks till maternity leave starts CANNOT wait for that too wooohoooo

Roll on baby day :)

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    Neyite, how far along are you now? Im thinking of starting the yoga myself, but worried i may have left it too late, 26 weeks today and i find it hard to move if I've been sitting / lying in the one position too long. Which is why yoga would be perfect for me, if Im able to do it :-D

i'm not far behind you, 23+2 today. There were ladies much further along than me there, and some who were barely showing. Its worth seeing if you can try out one class to see if you like it.
    I had that stoooooopid glucose tolerance test today :( longest day ever!!!!

Fasting since nine last night. In hosp at nine this morning. Not seem till half past.

Three rounds of blood taken later and the rankest drink ever and I finally got to eat at half twelve.

My poor stomach thought me throat had been cut!!!

Surely in this day and age they can come up with an easier way to test. A pregnant woman does not need to be starved for twelve hours.

I have to get that in a few weeks - they said they would torture test me at 28 weeks. :(

Thanks for the info on the pregnancy yoga Neyite, im 23 weeks +4days but I was thinking of waiting a few weeks before I sign up for 10 classes and then i'll have them up to near my due date but now I might actually sign up in the next week or so (after pay day!). Can't wait to try it out!

Also I was in the new Tesco in Cabra (Navan Road) at the weekend and while grocery shopping I had a peak at the clothes section and picked up two lovely long sleeve wrap dresses for €18.50 each-they are perfect for a growing bump (I got the next size up) and once the weather is even more milder they'll be lovely with leggings. They are the type of dresses that you'd find in the Maternity section of a shop but for twice the price because of the "maternity" tag!

Does everybody get the glucose tolerance test? I don't remember getting while i was pregnant with my daughter.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all doing well.. I havent been on in a while.. I'm 21 weeks and 4 days :D we have our BIG scan tomorrow :D we are hoping to be able to find out the s*x of the baby please god we can ;) we're so excited.. I hope everything goes well.. i have some worries but i'm sure thats all normal...

With regards to the glucose tolerence test I'm due mine the start of March and I am NOT looking forward to it ha ha it seems the worse app of them all... I was told to fast from 12 midnight and bring a bottle of lucazade with me etc etc.. I have the same question though is it normal? Does everyone get this? humm...

as far as i know you only get the test if there is a family history of diabetes? but maybe Im wrong.. My mothers father died from it.. but my mother never had it (she had six kids), so when she saw on my chart that there was a family history of diabetes she said better to be safe than sorry.

And yes it is the most pain stakingly boring morning EVER!!!

But credit where credits due, she blood draws from the one arm and not a single tiny bruise!!!

• Advertisement

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Thanks for the info on the pregnancy yoga Neyite, im 23 weeks +4days but I was thinking of waiting a few weeks before I sign up for 10 classes and then i'll have them up to near my due date but now I might actually sign up in the next week or so (after pay day!). Can't wait to try it out!

Im doing the pregnancy yoga now since last Nov. My classes are in sets of 6 weeks. I am starting my second set tonight. There were quite a few women in late pregnancy, like, 30/32 weeks there at the start of our set last year and none of them were able to make the last two/three classes, so bear that in mind if you book ten and pay up front! Mine will be finished end of Feb/ish and Im then going to try a pay as you go approach if the girl has vacancies some nights. I should be able to do most of the stretches and exercises by myself by then though. I love it!:D

Because of my prolactin issue pre-pregnancy, they put me in the endocrinology clinic with all the other ladies that have diabetes/thyroid issues.

On my last visit there, the professor told me they would do the glucose test because if you have one endocrinology issue you are more likely to develop another in pregnancy. She suspects that I am grand, but wants to rule it out.

Thanks for that Cadyboo, that makes sense so I think i'll sign up for 10 classes in the next week or 2 and then pay as I go if I want to continue. I'm hoping also to meet other expectant mums in the area as I don't know any atal!

Thanks

Thanks for that Cadyboo, that makes sense so I think i'll sign up for 10 classes in the next week or 2 and then pay as I go if I want to continue. I'm hoping also to meet other expectant mums in the area as I don't know any atal!

Thanks

No problem. TBH I was hoping the same and we do have good chats in class but everyone is just in a rush at the end to get home after their long days and we are all at different stages in pregnancy so there has been no making friends. Hopefully yours will be better!

Girls I am getting some serious (what I think are) braxton hicks.. Like tightenings and kind of uncomfortableness(word??)

Cadyboo wrote: »
    No problem. TBH I was hoping the same and we do have good chats in class but everyone is just in a rush at the end to get home after their long days and we are all at different stages in pregnancy so there has been no making friends. Hopefully yours will be better!

Girls I am getting some serious (what I think are) braxton hicks.. Like tightenings and kind of uncomfortableness(word??)

I had the same when I was 6/7 months pregnant with my daughter. So much so that when I rang the labour ward, they told me to come in, monitored me for a few hours then gave me a steroid injection to help develop bab's lungs just in case she decided to make an early appearance.

No such luck, little monkey was all of 2 weeks overdue in the end!

If you're any way worried about it, ring your hospital labour ward. I found the midwives excellent, they offered so much reassurance.

Had the 27 week check up today, only to find out I'd missed the start of my antenatal classes. I was sure that the last time I was in the midwife told me I'd get something in the post about when they were starting, but I had a different midwife today and she looked at me like I had ten heads when I asked her about it, and said that nothing gets posted out. In fairness to her, she did sort me out with dates for the next batch of classes, but they aren't starting till the end of Feb. How many classes do you normally go to anyhow?

And the midwife dealing with the girl beside me was a lot more thorough than mine, was asking loads of questions. Mine only asked me was i feeling movement and when I tried to answer her she told me to stop talking cos she was trying to take my blood pressure. Why ask me so like? :eek:

Have to say though, in fairness to Sligo General, I was in and out in around an hour, despite having to get bloods done as well as seeing the midwives and having to wait for the doctor as well. Was halfway home and realised I forgot to go to the desk to make my next appointment for the clinic, so had to go back in, I'm such a spanner!!! :rolleyes:

All is good, I told the doc about the pains I was feeling (more discomfort than pain, like muscles being pulled) and she said they were Braxton-Hicks. I dunno though, I don't think they're anywhere bad enough to be label led as a contraction hehe (but I'll probably moan about them anyway) :o

Need to get off my butt and book into one of these yoga classes by the sounds of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Hi Girls,

We had our scan last week and all is okay, I got my partner to video tape it and it's great looking back at it.. We found out that we are having a little girl.. oh i'm so happy.. we bought some summer clothes for her yesterday.. so excited.com :D

I hurt my hip or the top of my leg at the back.. I dont know how i did it I just moved funny and litterally couldn't put my weight on it.. my partner helped me move my leg around and it helped so i could walk on it, but then i tripped up over the dog and now i'm hobbling around the place.. I was getting concerned looks off people in work today.. it's so embarrassing.. I reckon it'll pass though hopefully it won't get any worse.. I'm sure it's down to everything loosening up and spreading out.. the joys eh!!

Oh with regards to the glucose test, I never had a history of diatebies, none of my family..oh wait maybe I had told the mid wife about my grandmother having it during my first app with the midwife history questions.. i forgot that maybe thats why.. she developed it from old age really.. hummm.. < pregnancy brain> it explains why!!!!

congrats on a girl

we were discussing it last night, and even tho we only have ten weeks to go we are both itching to know the sex... i really didnt wanna cave but i think we might :eek:

Awe congrats on the girl Cocoemma!! So exciting!

In a way im dying to find out what we are having but in another way I want the surprise.
    We went through bag of clothes yesturday from when our daughter was a baby (She's 3 now) and the little girls stuff was so cute, loads with tags still on them too, wooops!!

Thankfully we had loads of neutral stuff for newborn too, I didnt realise we had so much. If we knew we were having a boy we could give some of them away or put them back in the attic but we'll prob just keep it a surprise!

We also started our name list at the weekend! 10 girls and 10 boys names each and then we whittle them down and knock some off each others list that the other dislikes (very diplomatic!)..........we're down to just 7 girls and 7 boys names now!!

• Advertisement

Awe congrats on the girl Cocoemma!! So exciting!

In a way im dying to find out what we are having but in another way I want the surprise.
    We went through bag of clothes yesturday from when our daughter was a baby (She's 3 now) and the little girls stuff was so cute, loads with tags still on them too, wooops!!

Thankfully we had loads of neutral stuff for newborn too, I didnt realise we had so much. If we knew we were having a boy we could give some of them away or put them back in the attic but we'll prob just keep it a surprise!

We also started our name list at the weekend! 10 girls and 10 boys names each and then we whittle them down and knock some off each others list that the other dislikes (very diplomatic!)..........we're down to just 7 girls and 7 boys names now!!

Great idea with the names. We can't decide, the one name we both loved was for a girl, we're finding it so hard to decide on a boys name. And of course when we finally decide on one, himself goes off it a week later :-P Have 2 or three on the maybe pile though!

Advertisement