Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April/May 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Just re reading your comments about snow suits. Not something i thought of. Didnt think i would need one as it will be end of april. Thought a coat and blankets would be enough for coming home / going out and about. Are many of you getting snow suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I got a snowsuit, it was on sale in TK Max, didn't get too big a size though as I'll probably only need it for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Suucee wrote: »
    Just re reading your comments about snow suits. Not something i thought of. Didnt think i would need one as it will be end of april. Thought a coat and blankets would be enough for coming home / going out and about. Are many of you getting snow suits.

Im due first of april and have obe. again. will prob only get a few weeks out of it unless we get a typical wet cold west of ireland summer!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I just bought the one for bringing baby home from the hospital. As angelll said, it's so hot in the hospital, I would be worried baby would feel the cold that bit more after all the months of being nice & toasty.
    I used them a fair bit with my daughter (she was born beginning of March) and used the for the first 6 weeks anyway.

I'm raging, I miscalculated & thought I only have 5 weeks left in work, I've 6! I know it's only 1 more week, but I am counting down the time til I'm off so I can sleep!
    (wishful thinking though considering I'll have my 2 year old to keep my company when I'm off :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I'm raging, I miscalculated & thought I only have 5 weeks left in work, I've 6! I know it's only 1 more week, but I am counting down the time til I'm off so I can sleep!
    (wishful thinking though considering I'll have my 2 year old to keep my company when I'm off :) )

I take my hat off to anyone still working at this stage of pregnancy, just getting my backside in a shower and clean clothes these days is becoming a chore, dunno how I'd handle a full day of work not to mention a full day of work and a toddler.
    I hope the next few weeks go quickly for you x

• Advertisement

[Quote=caprilicious;77298169

I'm raging, I miscalculated & thought I only have 5 weeks left in work, I've 6! I know it's only 1 more week, but I am counting down the time til I'm off[/Quote]

boooo that happened me too. its because stupid feb this yr has five weeks. messing with everyones head.

Thanks be to baby jebus tomorrow i start my last week of work. and not a minute too soon. im in bed already and only got up a little over ten hrs ago. wrecked!!!!!!

Cant wait to have me time and no timetables to stick to. and no 1.5hr drive to and from work each day!! Blissssss!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I take my hat off to anyone still working at this stage of pregnancy, just getting my backside in a shower and clean clothes these days is becoming a chore, dunno how I'd handle a full day of work not to mention a full day of work and a toddler.
    I hope the next few weeks go quickly for you x

I wish I was you!
    boooo that happened me too. its because stupid feb this yr has five weeks. messing with everyones head.

Thanks be to baby jebus tomorrow i start my last week of work. and not a minute too soon. im in bed already and only got up a little over ten hrs ago. wrecked!!!!!!

Cant wait to have me time and no timetables to stick to. and no 1.5hr drive to and from work each day!! Blissssss!!!!!!!

Have 5 weeks left in work too but I know I wont make it. Was off last week with exhaustion and spd. Gp doesn't want me to stay off for the remainder of the weeks but I am not good. In bits with my pubic bone, can't sleep as every time I wake, turn it hurts. Getting in and out of car is very sore and I have a manual job. Honestly don't know what to do. Afraid to stay off work because of my gp. Isn't that crazy!?!

Why does ur gp not want u to take the time off?? Surely if your not able and in pain its the obvious answer???

I really do sympathise about the spd. i was in agony with it two weeks ago. had to take three days off. then yesterday i pushed myself too hard walking in the lovely sunny day and my other half had to go get the car and pick me up. i just couldn't walk any more. even turning in bed last night was agony!!! I think ur doc is being unreasonable!!!! Only YOU know how you really feel!!

Thanks Ms2011 x I'm not too much of a martyr, I'm only working 3 full days & 1 x 5 hour day, so it's not full time hours.
    I'm also sat on my rear end the majority of the day, I wouldn't be able to hack being on my feet more than a few mins at this stage!

I'm training in my replacement in a fortnight, so at least if I'm feeling rough after that I can finish up then.

Cadyboo that's madness that your doctor doesn't want you to take time off :eek: surely that's the most logical thing at this stage? :confused:

staticdoor71 that drive to work along would have me beat, that's brill that you're finished soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

I did the same thing too!! What makes it worse is that I have 8 long weeks left instead of 7, I was totally confusing myself!! Sounds like you'll all have had your lovely babies and i'll still be working! It must be mostly April mums in this thread as I feel very far behind!

I have a bad case of heartburn this morning even though I had my porridge at 6.15am I'm still suffering, I must have shovelled it into me!!
    I started a pregnany yoga dvd last week too and I love it, would highly recommened it-although my daughter (3years old) came into the room while I was doing it the other day and started copying it too which was hilarious!

I'm also reading my Mongon Method Hypnobirth book too which I enjoy-anyone else using the Mongon Method?? I just hope I remember it during labour!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Hey all, god i'm banjacksed. (arent we all) So tired but cant get comfortable at all even with the help of 5 pillows. Got a bit worried there and checked the calender but i was correct in my thinking of having 6 working weeks left. Cant wait.
    What do braxton hicks feel like. Been gettin period type pains on and off for past few days and bottom of my back gets really really sore. And typical usually happens at night.

Staticdoor was right, it's the extra week in February that has us all thrown!

Saggycaggy, I went the full 2 weeks over last time & am utterly convinced I'll do the same this time (history of going overdue on pregnancies in my family) so you mightn't be alone in May :)

My due date is April 19th, but for some reason May 3rd is sticking in my mind, so I'm working towards that date instead!

That's so cute your 3 year old joining in on your yoga workout! My 2 year old was doing that earlier in the pregnancy when I was doing a dance workout using the xbox kinect. She was doing the moves better than me too :o

Suucee when I was getting the braxton hicks, I had period like pains, but would also get a bearing down feeling like baby was pushing right down.
    I too seemed to be getting them mainly at night or when I was sitting in the same spot for a while.

I had loads of them over the space of a week or two and not a bit of them now! It was enough to motivate me to get my hospital bags packed (waiting at the front door as we speak :) ) but not a sign of baby wanting to get out any time since!

only two more day ladiessssssssssssss

can ya tell im excirra and delirra :D

Why does ur gp not want u to take the time off?? Surely if your not able and in pain its the obvious answer???

I really do sympathise about the spd. i was in agony with it two weeks ago. had to take three days off. then yesterday i pushed myself too hard walking in the lovely sunny day and my other half had to go get the car and pick me up. i just couldn't walk any more. even turning in bed last night was agony!!! I think ur doc is being unreasonable!!!! Only YOU know how you really feel!!

Cadyboo that's madness that your doctor doesn't want you to take time off :eek: surely that's the most logical thing at this stage? :confused:

I know I dread going to her. It is only since I am pregnant I am finding her hard work.

WEnt for physio today and the girl cant understand how I am able to even walk she said I have pelvic girdle and spd, trapped nerves and my ribs are screwed too. She spoke to gp who in turn has now signed me out for ten days so am back next friday. She didnt want to sign me off and was still saying we will see how you are next thursday.
    Like what can I do??
    I am getting really frustrated and upset about her. Id like to not go back to work at all, I am finding it sooo hard to sleep am in pain and I cannot relax knowing I have to go back to work and on a bloody friday at that.. She tells me to get an easier job in work which I know will be me sitting for the whole day and I cant and physio has told me not to do that as will make spd worse. And I tell gp this and she still says talk to them in work about it. I actually feel like punching her!!
    The second the baby is 6 weeks I am sooo gone from her.

Cadyboo, i think you should just punch her and be done with it. What a miserable B**ch!!!!! You would expect it from a male doctor but a female doctor? Shes either never had kids, or had the most plain sailing easy pregnancy ever! Again, B**ch!!!!

Do what YOU and only YOU think and feel is right a necessary and tell her to go take a long walk off a short pier!! You may also consider a new doc after this baby :D Does she not realize your paying to keep her in the manner to which she has become accustomed to!!!

Cadyboo if you don't want to slap that doctor, please let me!!!

What a horrible b1tch! :eek::eek:

What really irks me is plenty are the doctors that will give people cert's for sniffles or a slight tummy bug; but a physio can see clearly that you are in serious pain and this doc can't see fit to cert you for time off you obviously need :mad: you'd swear your sick pay was coming out of her pocket :rolleyes:

Can your physio certify you off or can only a gp do that? I think if it was me, I would go see a different GP altogether.
    I know it means probably paying €50 for the appointment, but at least you could get the time off & give yourself some much needed rest.

I just don't see how your GP recommending you continue to work when you're in so much pain is any good for your health or that of your unborn baby.

I hope the pain eases off and/or you get certified off very soon.

I was lucky enough to be flying through the pregnancy without any pain, but I'm a complete crock today/yesterday so sympathise with you utterly!

My breasts feel like they're filled with lead weights, my nipples feel like someone has razor blades stuck in them & I have sciatica kicking in which is making it really painful to walk & difficult to use the clutch in the car for the drive home.

I'm lucky in that my job is seated so I can keep going, but if I was in pain during the day I'd hate to think my gp would refuse to sign me off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

thanks for the welcome. I was feeling rough but really committed to floradix and am feeling much better thanks.

caprilicious, my 2 year old does seem to understand that there is a baby in my belly and when a baby comes on the telly he will say.......we getting a baby too mom. However I think he is in for some shock :D

Everybody sounds so tired. Hope it eases soon. Working at this stage is so difficult. I did it on my eldest 2. I am carer of my 6 year old. and had to take a career break to make sure I was there every step of the way. He has high functioning autism. Hes great now and in mainstream. So I wasnt working for ds3 or this little one. Tough going being at home with 3 also and all the housework, school runs an drama. However no one to judge. Its my environment and I can do it at my own pace

Bought in lots of washable breast pads and other paraphernalia for BFing from inhealth.ie. I am going to put my all into it. I was never really good at it at all.

Anyway hi from me and hope youre all not feeling too uncomfortable

oh my god, last day at work FINALLY WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

we got our buggy/travel system thing yesterday. and oh my god we had to put it together last night. We must have looked like the biggest frickin pair of eejits EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! what must instructions be made so difficult!!!!

howandever, its done now. all we needs a likkle bambino to throw into it :D

its all getting soooooooooooooo exciting now.. four weeks left (ish i know) from Sunday :D

woohooo Staticdoor71 congrats for you!! im very jealous though-I still have 7weeks of work!!boo to that!!
    I'll be out boppin to Florence and her Machine in the 02 tonight so all is not bad, hope the baby likes her too!

What travel system did you get? We've yet to purchase ours, such a decision!!
    I hope you get a good send off from work and get loads of rest and TLC between now and DueDate!!

xx

saggycaggy wrote: »

What travel system did you get? We've yet to purchase ours, such a decision!!
    I hope you get a good send off from work and get loads of rest and TLC between now and DueDate!!

xx

We got the graco quattrotour deluxe. the buggy, baby car seat, isofix car base and a travel cot for 250 in galway. its quite big but living in the west i wants something that could handle the terrain :)

delighted today is over. got brought out to lunch by the lads in work and they got me an all for one voucher. very nice since they are all younger than me and the thoughts of babies makes their testicles retreat back inside haha

Hope Florence was good and baby thought so too. the world and its uncle seems to be going :)

• Advertisement

staticdoor71 that's brill to be finished up, lucky you! So lovely of the guys in work to treat you today too :)

I'm looking forward to the countdown to my last few days, still a fair few to go yet though :rolleyes:

That sounds like great value you got on the travel system too. How I hated setting up our one for the first time. I was convinced it would require a degree in engineering to use it daily :o

saggycaggy hope you enjoyed Florence tonight :)

Cadyboo, i think you should just punch her and be done with it. What a miserable B**ch!!!!! You would expect it from a male doctor but a female doctor? Shes either never had kids, or had the most plain sailing easy pregnancy ever! Again, B**ch!!!!

Do what YOU and only YOU think and feel is right a necessary and tell her to go take a long walk off a short pier!! You may also consider a new doc after this baby :D Does she not realize your paying to keep her in the manner to which she has become accustomed to!!!

She had baby last year and I think she is just jealous as she had to go back to work early and because my job pay me sick pay and mat leave.
    My oh is saying he is coming down to her next week!:o:(:eek: He will kill her!
    Cadyboo if you don't want to slap that doctor, please let me!!!

What a horrible b1tch! :eek::eek:

What really irks me is plenty are the doctors that will give people cert's for sniffles or a slight tummy bug; but a physio can see clearly that you are in serious pain and this doc can't see fit to cert you for time off you obviously need :mad: you'd swear your sick pay was coming out of her pocket :rolleyes:

Can your physio certify you off or can only a gp do that? I think if it was me, I would go see a different GP altogether.
    I know it means probably paying €50 for the appointment, but at least you could get the time off & give yourself some much needed rest.

I just don't see how your GP recommending you continue to work when you're in so much pain is any good for your health or that of your unborn baby.

I hope the pain eases off and/or you get certified off very soon.

I was lucky enough to be flying through the pregnancy without any pain, but I'm a complete crock today/yesterday so sympathise with you utterly!

My breasts feel like they're filled with lead weights, my nipples feel like someone has razor blades stuck in them & I have sciatica kicking in which is making it really painful to walk & difficult to use the clutch in the car for the drive home.

I'm lucky in that my job is seated so I can keep going, but if I was in pain during the day I'd hate to think my gp would refuse to sign me off :(

Physio cant do it unfortunately. Im just going to tell her Im not going and see where we go from there. And I cant sit for too long either as that hurts. Im just a walking pain, lol!
    Oh my god your boobs sound so sore! Hope you are feeling a little better. Do you sleep with a bra on??

Staticdoor hope you are enjoying your freedom!! Got our buggy on friday, no bothers at all putting it up.. I love it! Problem with pram part but they are ordering a new one. Thank god we got it now and saw the mistake and not when baba is here.

Aruba08 wrote: »
    thanks for the welcome. I was feeling rough but really committed to floradix and am feeling much better thanks.

caprilicious, my 2 year old does seem to understand that there is a baby in my belly and when a baby comes on the telly he will say.......we getting a baby too mom. However I think he is in for some shock :D

That's lovely that he has an understanding about the baby! My little girl just turned 2 (today :) ) and she has a basic understanding of it.
    She was eating dinner the other day & trying to feed some to my tum for baby :D
    Other time's though she pets her dad's belly saying 'baby', so it can be a little confusing for her (and my husband is starting to feel ever so slightly self conscious of his tum now :pac:)

That's a really good idea getting the washable breast pads, I never thought of that. Did you use them on any of your previous pregnancies or would they be as absorbent as the disposables? Must pick up a few :)

Cadyboo, that's brill that your oh is going to go with you. Fingers crossed by this time next week you will be certified off and the rest will be doing you good :)

So handy that you spotted that with the pram, I think I might organise delivery of mine in the next few weeks just in case there are any problems that I can get them sorted before baby arrives.
    I was going to hold off til baby arrived, but bit late then if there's a problem.

My sister took a pic of me today standing sideways omg I look massive! There's a whole lot of baby in there though. I'm starting to get these really big movements from him/her where a leg/bum/something poke's out, it's mad!

saggycaggy hope you enjoyed Florence tonight :)

Had a great night at Florence girls thanks, nice to get out! I'm usually stuck in every weekend so I really enjoyed it!

I had an oppointment with Obstetrics in the Rotunda yesturday. I had a 3rd degree tear with my daughter nearly 4 years ago so they wanted to see whether i'd be able/fit for another V-delivery. I was told that there is a 10% chance of it happening again and I was given the option of a C-Section but I said I'd rather not (unless of course I had to in the end for an emergency etc).
    I still have nothing bought or organised yet for this baby!! But i'll take a couple of days off work next week and get the labour bag ready. Thats a great deal on the staticdoor71, thanks for the info. Are you getting to relax loads now on your maternity leave??

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

7 weeks to go and I'm having one of those 'holy sh1t, I'm going to be a parent in the next 5-9 weeks' sort of days.

Me, the woman who felt sick so she spent most of her day in bed playing mahjong on her ipod, being a parent. Me, the woman who thinks 2pm is an acceptable time to get out of bed, and who rarely leaves the house with her hair tied back cos she thinks it makes her face look fat. Who doesn't eat any vegetables except crunchy carrots. Who feels naked if she isn't wearing eyeliner. Me, the woman who had never even held a baby in her life until two months ago. Me, the woman who up until the 4th month of her pregnancy, thought babies didn't open their eyes till 4 or 5 days after they were born (i know, the shame) :o I am going to be responsible for another human being :eek:

I know no-one is a perfect parent and it's a learning curve for everyone but jesus.....when I get babs home I won't have a clue what to do with him. Otherwise all is good, had a check up yesterday and the wee man is engaged with the head well down, and I'm surprised at how comfy I am, given a few weeks ago when the head was down my hips were in bits and was finding it very hard to sleep with constant aches and pains. Now my only gripe is that when standing up or getting out of bed, I have to do so with the legs wide open, and walk John-Wayne style for a few mins until the pain in my pubic bone stops, other than that it's all good :D

Cadyboo, good idea to get the pram early, we're going picking ours up tomorrow after reading about yours. Himself didn't want to pick it up until I was coming out of hospital, he's changed his tune now let me tell ya :pac:

Hope you all are well, are many of ye still working?

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    7 weeks to go and I'm having one of those 'holy sh1t, I'm going to be a parent in the next 5-9 weeks' sort of days.

Me, the woman who felt sick so she spent most of her day in bed playing mahjong on her ipod, being a parent. Me, the woman who thinks 2pm is an acceptable time to get out of bed, and who rarely leaves the house with her hair tied back cos she thinks it makes her face look fat. Who doesn't eat any vegetables except crunchy carrots. Who feels naked if she isn't wearing eyeliner. Me, the woman who had never even held a baby in her life until two months ago. Me, the woman who up until the 4th month of her pregnancy, thought babies didn't open their eyes till 4 or 5 days after they were born (i know, the shame) :o I am going to be responsible for another human being :eek:

I know no-one is a perfect parent and it's a learning curve for everyone but jesus.....when I get babs home I won't have a clue what to do with him. Otherwise all is good, had a check up yesterday and the wee man is engaged with the head well down, and I'm surprised at how comfy I am, given a few weeks ago when the head was down my hips were in bits and was finding it very hard to sleep with constant aches and pains. Now my only gripe is that when standing up or getting out of bed, I have to do so with the legs wide open, and walk John-Wayne style for a few mins until the pain in my pubic bone stops, other than that it's all good :D

Cadyboo, good idea to get the pram early, we're going picking ours up tomorrow after reading about yours. Himself didn't want to pick it up until I was coming out of hospital, he's changed his tune now let me tell ya :pac:

Hope you all are well, are many of ye still working?

Made me lol as I would be a bit similar. Have those OMG days myself.Like on Sunday we went out for a walk and then dinner and I was like I can never just go... Have to get a little person ready a bag ready strap them in etc.. or get a babysitter!

Had physio today.. am in bits. Had to go for a nap and all after was so sore. Im like that getting in and out of bad and physio massages down there and it feels great the day after. She told me today that I have one of the worst pelvis she has seen in years!:( She can only make me comfortable with the physio and prepare me for labour in the hopes that I can have a normal birth. :eek: Fingers crossed it eases up.

So to answer your last question.. I will not be returning to work... Have to tell gp on thurs the joys.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Made me lol as I would be a bit similar. Have those OMG days myself.Like on Sunday we went out for a walk and then dinner and I was like I can never just go... Have to get a little person ready a bag ready strap them in etc.. or get a babysitter!

Had physio today.. am in bits. Had to go for a nap and all after was so sore. Im like that getting in and out of bad and physio massages down there and it feels great the day after. She told me today that I have one of the worst pelvis she has seen in years!:( She can only make me comfortable with the physio and prepare me for labour in the hopes that I can have a normal birth. :eek: Fingers crossed it eases up.

So to answer your last question.. I will not be returning to work... Have to tell gp on thurs the joys.:D

You poor thing, my heart goes out to you. Do you have to wear one of the harness/ brace things? Well I hope what the physio said shuts that gp up, she sounds like a right cow, I wouldn't want to go to her either. At least there's not long left now :)

We were in the hospital today. 36+2. got a scan which was very unexpected however has unnerved me a little.
    1. the baby has "the maximum" fluid around it that my consultant would be happy about. which us apparently a sign of a diabetic baby, however my glucouse **** was fine. so they just said to keep monitoring babies movement and if there is a massive change to come in immediately.
    2. with still four, maybe even six weeks the for the sprog us already at 7-+ pounds. so that could be 6 COULD BE 8!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, with reference to point one. I've no idea what this means as OH has banned me from doctor Google. and rightly so. id have given myself a section by now :(

And lastly. i thought after week 36 you were to be seen each week. week about between gp and hospital? However the hospital Said come back in four weeks which makes me 40+2 and to go see my doc in two weeks??? im confuzzelled and sh1tting my pants now :(

On the upside. maternity leave rocks :) paint got today for babys room. hospital bags packed. and loving the lie ins :)

Hope you ladys are all well??? Anyone else on maternity leave yet??

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Static, I have a lot of fluid around baby too, but was told that its still within normal limits so its just something for them to keep an eye on. I hope yours is too.

I have 7 weeks (36 days! Woot!!) until maternity leave, and am counting it down. :)

• Advertisement

Brill post Shuwaaah, had me loling too :D If it's any consolation, earlier in my last pregnancy I thought I would be uber chilled about things when baby arrived.
    I had worked in childcare for several years, plenty of experience with little baby's.

However when the countdown neared baby due date, I was having mini panic attacks of OMG someone is going to leave me responsible for a teeny baby :o

Yep still working here, though reducing my 4 day week down to 3 day week after this Sunday & currently training in my replacement.
    Kinda exciting seeing the finish line in sight :)

Cadyboo I'm delighted to hear you wont be returning to work, result! Hopefully the rest will make all the difference :)
    It is a bit of an eye opener the first few times you go out with baby & you realise the menagerie of stuff you have to bring with you, but it becomes second nature after a while.
    I found after forgetting to bring a soother once I NEVER forgot again :D

staticdoor71 I am definitely convinced that they have cut down on the amount of hospital visits in the past year or so.

When I had my daughter, I was seen week 36, 38, 39 & 40 in the hospital. I'm back in the hospital next Monday when I'll be 36 weeks, but I have a feeling unless something shows up then that they probably won't get me back til week 40 either.

In one way I'm happy as queuing for 2-4 hours with a 2 year old is no fun, but for peace of mind you would prefer to be seen more alright.

My sister minded my lil lady today & had a lovely dinner ready for me when I called over. Brill stuff because my hubbie is working late's this week, so was nice not having to go home to an empty house.

However on the way home I had the sharpest contraction like pains in my back and pelvis. At one point I was debating whether to turn around and head to the hospital to be on the safe side, they eased off though.

Now for the past hour I have strong braxton hicks again. It's pretty frustrating because instead of being able to relax as I should be doing at this hour, I find I'm timing the gap between them *just in case*.
    What's the bets I go 2 weeks over anyway? :rolleyes:

I'm starting to convince myself that this baby is a whopper.
    My daughter was 6lbs 7ozs when she was born. Pretty much right up to the end of the pregnancy she was moving a lot, seemed to have plenty of room to do so.
    This bump seem's to be all baby & when baby moves, it's like my rib cage is going to snap or my belly is going to pop open there's just so little room in there for baby.
    Fingers crossed they will scan me on Monday so I find out one way or another!

Advertisement