Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April/May 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Shuwaaah your partner sounds like a dote! such a lovely way to be spoiled.
    Hope you really enjoyed the bit of rest.
    I'm the same, I'm waivering between dying for baby to come asap and making the most of the bit of sleep I'm getting now before the fun of 2-3 hour night feeds start :o

Cadyboo that's interesting about the evening primrose oil tabs, I never heard of that before using them vaginally to thin the cervix.
    I'm not a fan of flavoured tea's so might look into these closer to the time instead.

I ordered a bundle of clothes online from America a fortnight ago, finally have them all washed/ironed and sorted ready for baba to wear.
    Aw they'd melt your heart how tiny the little clothes are!!! Looking so forward to seeing him in his teeny outfits :)
    It sounds so cliched, but you really do forget how small they are when they're born :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

I initially thought the RLT was supposed to help bring on labour, but sure even if its sole purpose is to make labour easier, its worth a try I guess! Will defo look into the primrose oil, I'll probably try anything to speed babs up (except castor oil, was looking that up yesterday......I don't find the thoughts of violent diarrahoea THAT appealing)

Haha cap did you go out buying as soon as you found out the sex? It's so hard not to.....we've loads of babygros got but I haven't got a proper outfit for the wee man yet, can't wait till he's here and I can get him bits :D
    There is SO much more stuff out there for girls than boys it seems...penneys and next here have so much girlie stuff, there's so little choice for boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Never heard of half those things to bring on labour. Just the old ones like hot curry and bit of cuddling with the OH, also heard pineapple juice can help.
    But my sis in law told me not to try anything to bring on labour as baby still not in right postition. So instead im sitting on a gym ball most evenings and going for walks etc to try and get baby to move down. Also read that kneeling or going on all fours cal help move baby into position but cleaned out all my kitchen presses the other day (nesting) and still no joy. I've heard that head sometimes doesnt engage until labour begins so dont know what to do with myself at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Baby Joseph was born today weighing 8lbs :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Ahhhhh congrats Ms2011,wonderful news!! Lovely name&hope all went well!! Congrats again xx

• Advertisement

Congratulations Ms2011, delighted for you, hope you had a good birth and that you and baby are doing well xx

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Ms2011 wrote: »

Muchos congrats again ms :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Congrats can't wait to hear your story. You are the first baby born to this thread?!?!:D

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely thrilled for you, fine size baby too!

Hope you're both recovering well xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Congratulations ms2011!!! Can't wait to hear the birth story :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Ms2011 wrote: »

Congrats. Hope your both doing well.

Hey.. just said id drop by and say hi.. cuz i can't sleep.

Still no action from the bambino.. i must be comfy quarters.

My family and his family are doing our heads in... trying to be funny by sayin things like "god cmon where's that baby.. or longest phantom pregnancy ever"... Which i would normally find amusing.. but not today.

We back in the hospital tomorrow. 9 days overdue. I've no idea what to expect and kinda sh1tting my pants :(

i just wish it was all over now.. I've really had enough of being pregnant now :(

Hey.. just said id drop by and say hi.. cuz i can't sleep.

Still no action from the bambino.. i must be comfy quarters.

My family and his family are doing our heads in... trying to be funny by sayin things like "god cmon where's that baby.. or longest phantom pregnancy ever"... Which i would normally find amusing.. but not today.

We back in the hospital tomorrow. 9 days overdue. I've no idea what to expect and kinda sh1tting my pants :(

i just wish it was all over now.. I've really had enough of being pregnant now :(

Ah I can only imagine how annoying the constant 'any sign' questions can be. People mean well and all but Im sure when its coming from all angles it is extremely frustrating, Id say its hard not to fling the phone at the wall!

Fingers crossed all goes well at the hospital appointment, are you dying for an induction at this point or would you rather hang on and go by yourself?

Static I feel your pain :( when I went over I had to switch my phone off for a day or two and avoid facebook as I found myself getting ridiculously annoyed at all the 'have you still not had it yet?' questions :mad::mad:

Like ask the obvious people :rolleyes:

The only thing I will say & I know it's little consolation now when the minutes feel like hours passing. But when you have baby in your arms the time spent going over will be a long forgotten memory :)

Is it 10 or 14 days they'll let you go over in the hospital you're attending? Fingers crossed all will go well tomorrow & you'll have baby in your arms before you know it x

awe fingers crossed for you Staticdoor71, I hope the hospital app today went well!! I don't know how i'll cope with going over, i've 4 weeks to go and i'm already fed up with it!
    I went 8 days early with my daughter so I have it in my head that i'll go early again but I need to stop thinking like that!

Only 8 more days of setting my alarm for 6am! I know I'll prob still be up as early with the baby after that but at least I can stay in my pj's most of the day :)!!

well, had the sweep today.. mother of sweet fuppin jebus.. i could defo have lived my life without ever experiencing that!!!

It was awful!!

2cm dialiated.. and he expects to see me in tonight.. however, its now half nine and NOTHING shakin except for a little show :(

I have been booked in for an induction at 6am on FRIDAY THE FRICKING 13TH!!!!!!!!

I hope i go in the night.. ive had it up to *here*!!!

Oh Static that's a brill sign that you're dilated!!! I know it doesn't feel like much, but you would be surprised how fast you can go from that to 10cm. (hopefully!)

I had a sweep with my daughter at about 11am on the Monday.
    Tuesday evening I went into hospital with early labour contractions & she was born Wednesday morning 10am. So although painful I do think the sweep did work.

So exciting for you, at least you know at the latest it should be Friday when you meet your beautiful baby x

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

@ms2011, congrats, delighted for you, cant wait fot the birth story too!
    I have been booked in for an induction at 6am on FRIDAY THE FRICKING 13TH!!!!!!!!

Ah seriously, you couldnt do that to the poor kid!, thought its my mother in laws b-day this friday.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    @ms2011, congrats, delighted for you, cant wait fot the birth story too!

Ah seriously, you couldnt do that to the poor kid!, thought its my mother in laws b-day this friday.

hopefully that won't happen. Mucous plug just went. very lucky i didn't puke its frickin sick. TMI Im sure..but Im too excited to care Haha hope it happens soon!!!

just goes to show how **** the supermacs food that i ate an hour ago is. if it can bring on labour Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I went into labour with my first after eating Supermacs curry chips, i swear!!! :D:D

• Advertisement

looks like baby wants to make a liar of me!! 13 hrs later still not to much as even a little pain... except from the pain in my arse cuz Im so fed up!!!
    any tips for getting this show on the road? i assume sex is out since plugs gone?? was gonna spend the day walking around and cleaning?
    although i had planned to spend this day (burpday) having a bbq and a bottle of miller... but it seems baby didn't like that idea and is taken after its father already by being later for EVERYTHING!!!!!

also just to let ye know.. my sister is doing childcare at the minute and in her exams if they refer to a baby as IT they loose massive pointS!!! apparently its not P.C. to call an unborn baby of unknown gender... IT. so now ye know :)

have a lovely day ladies x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

looks like baby wants to make a liar of me!! 13 hrs later still not to much as even a little pain... except from the pain in my arse cuz Im so fed up!!!
    any tips for getting this show on the road? i assume sex is out since plugs gone?? was gonna spend the day walking around and cleaning?
    although i had planned to spend this day (burpday) having a bbq and a bottle of miller... but it seems baby didn't like that idea and is taken after its father already by being later for EVERYTHING!!!!!

also just to let ye know.. my sister is doing childcare at the minute and in her exams if they refer to a baby as IT they loose massive pointS!!! apparently its not P.C. to call an unborn baby of unknown gender... IT. so now ye know :)

have a lovely day ladies x

Aw no!! At least you are getting somewhere. Id love anything at all to happen to me now to let me know that the show will be on the road soon.:o Am bored waiting now..

I hate calling unborn babies it, think its horrible.

Hope you have had some changes since this morning and are on route to having babs in your arms.x.x Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

i assume sex is out since plugs gone??

no, to me, its the best way of getting things moving... that and eddie rockets.

ha never mind its not happening. guess Im being induced tomorrow!! so nervous :( but excited :) and finding it all a little surreal!!!!

catch ye on the other side ladies... wish me luck :)

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    no, to me, its the best way of getting things moving... that and eddie rockets.

Ooh this I like the sounds of considering I had a feed from Eddies earlier :D

Static that's brill that your plug went! Hopefully baby will get the hint & exit asap!
    Afaik it's only when the waters go that you have to be careful regarding having sex or a bath due to risk of infection, plug gone seems to be ok to do both.
    You're so close to the finish line now!

Hopefully we'll see your birth announcement on here very soon :)

Best of Luck Staticdoor71, I can't wait to hear the news!!!!

pleased to announce the birth of baby chloe at 2am on the button this morning weighing in at 8lbs 12.5oz. 20 hours after being induced. having said i wanted no pain relief had gas air pethadine and epidural. but no stitches :) so happy its over. it was a back to back labour so not easy by any stretch of the imagination. but ill fill u in some other time. just so happy she's finally here :)

CONGRATULATIONS Staticdoor71!!!!!So delighted to hear the news and you are both doing well!!
    I kept thinking of you yesturday and checking in for updates! Well done and happy BIRTHday to baby Chloe!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Congrats Static!!! Hope you recover nicely and enjoy your little girl. :D

Welcome to the world Chloe!!!! Nice healthy size too.

• Advertisement

Congrats staticdoor, delighted for you and baby Chloe. Happy belated birthday also ;-)

Advertisement