Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Chemist and Prescriptions! URGENT!!!

Options
  • 04-09-2011 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Guys, I have a bit of a silly question to ask and I am wondering could someone help me. I have just come off a medical card and I am on monthly meds for chronic stomach condition. I am used to getting the green medical card prescription off the doc and taking it straight to the chemists and its all done online. Now though, seeing as I have to pay full wack for doc visit and 25 for repeat prescriptions, I contacted an old school pal who is a doc now in Cork and she has agreed to to write my prescription every 3 months, all my med files are being sent to her in Cork. The tablets I'm on are for life and I cannot do without so please don't need any smart arses lecturing me about anything! I know I should ask her, but I really don't want to be a pain as she is doing me a HUGE favour as it is, plus I don't wanna seem dumb! I was just wondering what exactly happens with private prescriptions? Does she write the prescription on her own practise pad? And if so, will Chemists in my home-town give me any hassle with the prescriptions seeing as they are from a cork doc... evn though I will be paying? I just wanted to check as she is doing me up one this weekend n posting it on, I am just out of tablets and even a day without them would be catastophic for me. And NO, I cannot afford to go to the doc, can barely afford a slice pan of bread and my meds, so again, I ask that no smart arse know it all tells me to go see a doc! Not my question! Can anybody shed some light on it for me please please!!:) I'd be much appreciated!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Try asking in our Health Sciences forum. This forum is for asking questions about the boards.ie site itself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement