Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External HDD with partitions

• 04-09-2011 1:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

So a friend just asked me about this and I thought I'd give it a try.

He asked if a drive was partitioned several times into 16GB segments is there a way for the xbox to use all the partitions for save data?

So I partitioned a drive using windows and connected it up, but it only recognises one partition. Can it actually be set to see them all?

I've tried google but I can't find anything relevent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Why not use an external program such as Partition Magic to format it into one big FAT32 partition? I don't think it would be able to read from several different paritions. Remember that any data on the hard drive will be lost during the format so back up any info, and no files over 4gb (I don't know the exact size) will be able to be stored on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Why not use an external program such as Partition Magic to format it into one big FAT32 partition?
    Because in order to use it for game saves etc the biggest size the xbox can read via usb is 16GB.

Advertisement