Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scafold!

Options
  • 04-09-2011 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Well got my scafold piercing on 25th of july! and tbh i wasnt really told anything about how to look after it apart from clean it with salt water!

So does anyone have any tips for me?

At the moment its really itchy for some reason :( and theres al dried blood around it that i cant get too with a cotton bud :( im terrified its going to get infected

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

amandaf675 wrote: »
    Well got my scafold piercing on 25th of july! and tbh i wasnt really told anything about how to look after it apart from clean it with salt water!

So does anyone have any tips for me?

At the moment its really itchy for some reason :( and theres al dried blood around it that i cant get too with a cotton bud :( im terrified its going to get infected
    take out bar and replace with 2 seperate ones, much easier to heal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Don't use table salt and water. Make sure its the proper sea salt. Other than that the rest will know more than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

You might have knocked it in your sleep or something so that's why it could have bled. Just make up a fresh sea salt solution (1/4 teaspoon of se salt, not table salt to a mug of boiled, cooled water. You want it just warm) and hold the mug up against your ear for a few mins. Then take a cotton wool bud and gently wipe away any crusties/dried blood. Always remember to dry it afterwards with a piece of kitchen roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

if you make up the sea salt solution in a cup and leave it cool abit, tilt your head down to the cup and slowly life the cup up. your whole ear will be in the cup then and the cup will form a water (ish) tight seal allowing all the ear to be submerged in water and will loosen up the dried in blood:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

take out bar and replace with 2 seperate ones, much easier to heal

Would changing the bars so soon not do more damage than good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

get a friend to clean it with a cotten bud thingy, they'll be less gentle than you so will help cleaning the ol, blood... mine went fairly mank when i had first got it done but sea salt and water is the business...

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

Changing the bar would probably irritate it quite a bit... Keep with the salt solution, and I've heard chamomile tea can help sometimes! Thing with cartilage piercings, they can be fine, then you could knock them and they'll hurt like hell! :p
    With my piercings, itchiness was a sign that it was healing, so I wasn't very concerned, it's just hard to ignore! Some people use LITHA (Leave It The Hell Alone) on a lot of their piercings, but I think washing it helps soothe it :)
    Also, if the skin around the piercing where you're washing it is getting very dry and flaky, it could be that you're using too much salt in your solution.
    Happy healing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

hada go back to the piercer yesterday as i got my hair died n was alot of die around it and tbh i was afraid i wouldnt get it all so she cleaned it for me with surgical spirits and said it was healing grand, no infection thank god and in a week or so i can change it to a smaller bar cause mine is very long as i tend to swell alot

Advertisement