Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qld-Vic REGO tranfer??

Options
  • 04-09-2011 7:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience with changing over rego's interstate etc? I'm looking to buy a campervan and do a bit of travelling in it. I seen one I like and has a VIC roadworthy certificate however it has a QLD Rego with 2months left, also the seller is looking to hold onto it around the time I'm looking so can get a good deal on it. I will be leaving from Melbourne so would obviously be much easier to drive around and then sell it before I leave with a few months VIC rego left. From the Vicroads website this is all I can gather:

To register your interstate vehicle in Victoria, call us on 13 11 71 (Mon-Fri 8.30am - 5pm, Sat 8.30am - 2pm) with your credit card ready (Visa or Mastercard) and the following information:
    • the VIN and engine number of your vehicle
    • your number plates
    • your current licence number.

We will organise a time for you to visit your local VicRoads Customer Service Centre and register your vehicle.

For more information about registering your vehicle and what to bring to your appointment see light vehicle registration

Will probably be easier ringing Vic Roads tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has any experience doing the above and costs associated etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Vic Roads have a facebook page where you can ask questions. They reply pretty quick aswell. Might be a bit easier than ringing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

For anyone interested in the future I called Vicroads. You can only get a VIC Rego for 12months unless you have a concession card or some healthcard;

Costs:
    Rego: around $650 for 12months depending on postcode
    Stamp Duty (2nd hand cars): $8 paid for every $200
    New plates: $31.50

Process:
    Call to make an appointment
    if vehicle has another state rego that is current then no inspection needed.
    Supply licence, RWC, old plates, application form, receipt of purchase to Vicroads office

Advertisement