Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone voicemail issue

• 04-09-2011 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm on three network with an iphone 4 for the last year. They charge for voicemail, so I use the Hullomail app, which is free and miles better than three voicemail. My prob is the voicemail button which I touch every now and again by mistake. It costs me a couple of euro monthly because of random error touches. Does anyone know of a way of deleting this button from the screen?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

yes, you can change the voicemail number

*5005*86*000# where 000 is the number you want to change the number too.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

kjl wrote: »

Thanks Kjl. I was wondering if it was possible to remove the voicemail button altogether from the iphone screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

what would be the point of that and i dont think there is any way to do it

guil wrote: »
    what would be the point of that and i dont think there is any way to do it
    Because if the button wasn't there it couldn't be pressed in error......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

it cant be removed, what could be easier than typing in what KJI said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

If you just change the number to a non existent number you won't be charged for a call...

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭alanashe

This does not work for me, tried to enter my hullomail number but when I press the voicemail button it still dials my 3 voicemail. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jsd1004

alanashe wrote: »

This does not work for me, tried to enter my hullomail number but when I press the voicemail button it still dials my 3 voicemail. :confused:

I had the exact same problem. As far as I know no way to change it. Very annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I rang Three to ask about the same thing, accidental calls to voicemail cost me €14 last month. The fella gave me ##5005*86# and then change the number but it doesnt work for me. I couldnt be bothered ringing them back as its such an ordeal everytime you ring them.

CJC999 wrote: »
    I rang Three to ask about the same thing, accidental calls to voicemail cost me €14 last month. The fella gave me ##5005*86# and then change the number but it doesnt work for me. I couldnt be bothered ringing them back as its such an ordeal everytime you ring them.

No satisfaction for me either. Kept ringing 3 and they assured me that VM was turned off. I eventually went to meteor

• Advertisement
Advertisement