Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things we need in Clare

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pmct

i think ennis needs a shopping centre something like the creasent in limerick with a few of the bigger chains stores eg argos,m&s and heatons etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

As a student who lived across the road from an Apache for 3 years and ate a hundred of the things i think im qualified to say Milanos ones are significantly nicer. Apache are on the cheaper end of the scale, although i think they're a step above Dominos quality wise who have very processed tasting toppings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Figerty

Have to disagree with you on this one. Limerick city centre is a ghost town for shopping because of the crescent and the parkway etc.

Ennis has mice hub centre, this needs to be developed abit more. Those big chains won't come to Ennis as it doesn't have the population base.
    pmct wrote: »
    i think ennis needs a shopping centre something like the creasent in limerick with a few of the bigger chains stores eg argos,m&s and heatons etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Yeah the hell with chain stores and large shopping centers. Cork, Galway and Limerick are getting like UK cities where you have the same shops in every place so there's no particular reason to choose one over the other. Ennis still has enough independents to make it unique. That should be protected at all costs. When I worked in a menswear shop in Ennis a few years ago people were coming from Kerry, Dublin and further afield to buy there because we stocked different stuff than you could get elsewhere. If we'd a H&M there'd be no point in them coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭McFry

I've only realised in the last week or so that there is nowhere decent in Ennis to buy CDs anymore. Roxy Records, Record Rack and Our Generation have all closed. Xtra Vision, Dunnes and Tesco? Pfft, awful selection. I guess digital media may be influencing this to some degree but I'm sure I'm not alone in enjoying the possession of some physical media?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ClareVisitor

McFry wrote: »
    I've only realised in the last week or so that there is nowhere decent in Ennis to buy CDs anymore. Roxy Records, Record Rack and Our Generation have all closed. Xtra Vision, Dunnes and Tesco? Pfft, awful selection. I guess digital media may be influencing this to some degree but I'm sure I'm not alone in enjoying the possession of some physical media?
    I also like to have the physical CD, but I generally buy them and things like books and computer games online now. This is probably what is doing for the record shops, particularly small independent ones who stock mainstream stuff. Only niche stores will survive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Who buys CD's? What do you play them on? My smartphone is an MP3 player, and I have a drawer full of actual MP3 players I have collected over the years that can be bought for under like €20 these days.

Ye might as well say we need a shop that sells cassette tapes! Or 8 tracks! CD's are most definitely archaic at this point.

I bought a car radio that has a built in MP3 player, you just slide in an SD card loaded up and it plays, from Lidl for €30. Once I saw those, I knew that was pretty much the end of CD's for everyone as my car's CD player was the only reason I had any CD's still around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Still a market for them and people like the design and artwork

Sure they still sell vinyl records and they went out decades ago.
    Some people spends thousands and thousands on their collections

Anyway back in topic ;)

Clare needs to sort out it's signage, is it Lahinch or Lehinch.
    Looks pretty stupid to have signs for both

And I figured one was the original Irish placename but that wasn't correct either

Advertisement