Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What car seat!?!

Options
  • 04-09-2011 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi!

It will soon be time to change our little one's car seat and I must say I am baffled by the choice and differences and I am lloking for some advice. She is still in the rear facing first car seat at the moment, so the next one need to be either a group 0-1+, 1-2-3, 1...
    What did you get as a second car seat and what are your feedbacks? What should I look for in the design of it from your experiences?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We have the Maxi Cosi Axiss, and although its probably a little more pricey than some of the others on the market, we feel it was worth every cent. Not only is it very sturdy and snug for baba, it has a swivel function which has been brilliant for getting the little one in and out of the car without putting too much strain on our backs. It has a decent recline on it also for when she's tired. I've had my 4 year old neice travel comfortably in it also so we know it will do the job it says it will and last us until its time to move her to a booster seat.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We have the be safe izi isofix think it is combi for our older daughter.

http://www.hts.no/uk/

It isn't very cheap but we decided to keep her rear facing for as long as possible for safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have the Britax First Class (Group 0 - 3). You can use it rear facing up to about 14 months and then front facing from then on. This could be a good buy if you are having more kids as you will be able to put a newborn into it if you dont have the carry tot.

I also have a Britax Prince. (Group1+)

The are both really well made and easy to fit and recline really well.

Advertisement