Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moyglare Village Maynooth

Options
  • 04-09-2011 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭

At the moment I am in the market to rent a 4 or 5 bedroom house in Maynooth, the local EAs are worse than useless, consistantly overpricing properties, not answering and not returning calls. In one case after ringing an agent 4 times with no response, I was eventually reduced to driving to a house and getting the landlords number from the current tenants.

Specifically I am trying to get to see a house in the above mentioned estate where there are currently at least 40 empty houses, the only advert I have seen recently quoted a monthly rental of €1,600 whereas I know 2 people renting there for €1,100, although the average would seen to be €1,200. I am getting the feeling that not only are prices being kept artificially high by rent allowance and NAMA refusing to enter the rental market, but that the EAs are also sitting on properties to inflate prices.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Artifically high by the students, nows not the best time to look in Maynooth, maybe a month would be better when Landlords realise they aren't going to get the money they are looking for?
    Good luck in your search though, Moyglare village is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

Thanks.

Yes I know it is a bad time to search in Maynooth but still amazed by the difference between the real market and the market as presented by the EAs.

Seems you know Maynooth, I have a great little story. I know a 4 bed house in Meadowbrook which was rented by a group of Central Europeans for 3 years, the last of whom went home in January. Just before they left the landlord asked one of them if they would stay if the rent was dropped to €600, they turned him down.

That house is still empty as are the two either side of it and I saw a house in the same estate advertised last week for €1,500. The difference between €600 and €1,500 is just inexplicable.

Advertisement