Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cube v Trek v Giant v Specialized

• 04-09-2011 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭

Sorry if this comparison type thread has been thrashed around here already. I am close to opting for a Cube Streamer but any searches I do on this or other fourms don't seem to have a lot of input from Cube owners. Maybe there is a very good and obvious reason for that !!!! Anyway I would like to hear from any Cube owners as to how they are getting on with their bikes and to any others with experience of having this type of choice (in the €1,300 price bracket) to make in the recent past.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrick151

personally i think Cube has only stepped up its game recently so they're still and up and comer to alot of people. But having owned a peloton since the start of the summer i can confidently say they are at least on par (if not better) than the competition in the entry/mid level price bracket(but as with all opinions, take that with a pince of salt)

though i was a bit of a specialized fan boy, i went with cube for the higher spec components(compared to the Allez in the same price range(sport)) and the frame is much stiffer(and about .2kg lighter :P)

hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Therapysucks

Bought a Cube Attempt as a first road bike for use in triathlons start of last summer (2010). It's been rock solid ever since. Stuck on some Profile tri bars and my bike split times kept improving. Mainly 105 kit, paid €1200 in The Edge in Cork, figured I was getting better spec for the money than the equivalent Giant, Trek or Spesh but admit I had no real idea what I was getting into.

Overall very happy with the risk. The saddle is abit of a blade to the backside but that's an easy upgrade. Fulcrum Racing 7 wheels are noisy but solid. Handlebar tape a bit ratty and white gets grubby fast, but again an easy upgrade.

This summer, feeling the need for speed, took a risk on a Kestrel Airfoil Pro as it was going half price on Wiggle. It's a bleeding rocket and makes the Attempt feel right clunky, but am not going to sell it unless the kids reallllly need shoes. It's too good a bike and I reckon it'll do for years as a winter trainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 goreyhead

Bought a Cube Attempt as a first road bike for use in triathlons start of last summer (2010). It's been rock solid ever since. Stuck on some Profile tri bars and my bike split times kept improving. Mainly 105 kit, paid €1200 in The Edge in Cork, figured I was getting better spec for the money than the equivalent Giant, Trek or Spesh but admit I had no real idea what I was getting into.

Overall very happy with the risk. The saddle is abit of a blade to the backside but that's an easy upgrade. Fulcrum Racing 7 wheels are noisy but solid. Handlebar tape a bit ratty and white gets grubby fast, but again an easy upgrade.

This summer, feeling the need for speed, took a risk on a Kestrel Airfoil Pro as it was going half price on Wiggle. It's a bleeding rocket and makes the Attempt feel right clunky, but am not going to sell it unless the kids reallllly need shoes. It's too good a bike and I reckon it'll do for years as a winter trainer.
    Hi bought a cube agree pro during the summer ,paid 1,500 euro for it in my local bike shop in gorey and very happy with it,and recommend it to anyone, afraid not getting out as much as i would like on it as have new baby and building a house as well, but it great to go for a spin on and great way of reliving stress

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭glennbhoy

also bought cube gtc agree pro , class bike , great spec and stunner to look at

have a cube mountain bike also

Love my cubes....cheers to ze germans

cube all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Billy Greenbush

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/gt-gtr-series-2-road-bike-id54660.html

I bought this GT- brilliant value, excellent kit. I was on the cusp of buying a Cube Streamer then went for this. Its a gem of a bike for €500 less than the Cube Streamer. A Specialzed Secteur Comp with full 105 will set you back €1,750!

Although an unusual road brand, GT are well regarded mountain bike manufacturers. This frame was made by Kinesis so that made up my mind

• Advertisement
Advertisement