Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for Drums/Bass/Vocals for Rock n' roll/Soul covers

• 04-09-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hey - Guitarist, Dublin based looking for a Drummer, Bassist, vocalist, and maybe Saxophone for a start-up covers act - think Chuck Berry, Link Wray, Bo Diddley, plus a little bit of Sam and Dave, Booker T & the MGs, etc.
    Not overly serious, but hoping to make a few spare quid without having to play any Kings of F**king Leon. Age range mid 20's to mid 30's -ish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dadakadabra

Hi!

I'm an saxophone alto player, with an intermediate level. I'm search some people for playing for fun, or maybe in a band. I'm belgian but I have lived since I was 6 in Spain, and there I have played in a friends band. I have already some difficulties for playing with another musicians, but I'm a good learner :D
    I lived in the city centre of Dublin, and I'm going to stay here for minimum 6 months.
    So, if you are interested, please contact me!

Darius

P.S: I apologize for my english

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭shto

Thanks for the reply - will be in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Vadge

Drummer available here, looking for covers band for a few spare quid too, and delighted that you guys are looking to think outside the box - based in Rathmines, over 10 years experience, if you're interested drop me a line - cheers!

Thanks Vadge, PM sent. Still looking for vocals by the way, any singers out there, male or female.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Burst yeh!

PM sent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭zonular

id love to play bass for you guys if your not too high pressure (got a couple of things on my plate) but if no one else shows up give us a shout
    thanks
    dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭loyer

Hi
    Drummer here based in Dublin would be interested in this if the slot is still available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭hponboard

lads, i'm actually a drummer ,but to Chuckberry and the likes a would not be to bad at the vocals,
    never thought i'd jump to the front but since i've started playing drums i've started a band wrote a few tunes jammed with a few lads different time but felt that my backing vocals was as good as the front man,sometime better so they lower the mic.
    i love music all types and you might be taking a chance, but now and again i do johnny be good on karoke and people like it, a bit of via las vagus.annemaries the name,
    i have a good ear for a tune, making a few quid deadly but not my mission.
    i've never done a gig but well interested,
    pm me if interested. sure if the drummer doesn't turn up we can still jam.
    oh and i play Chromatic Harmonica (it's been awhile thought)

are you still looking for a singer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

another bass player here, if your still looking,
    Been away a while and looking to get back into it
    let me know
    cheers

• Advertisement

Reviving this thread, if any of the original posters are still about, or if anybody else is interested, get in touch !

what covers you have in mind and when and where do you rehearse?

Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭smur89

Another bassist, might be interested, send on a PM with more details when you have a chance.

Edit: Drummer friend is also interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 seankavanagh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 seankavanagh

• Registered Users Posts: 22 liffeyguy

Hi,

I'm mid thirties..doing cover gigs for ten years plus...looking for new band as my old one folded pretty much when the main guy had a kid and started doing 1 piece gigs.

I can do lead and backing vocals.

PM me if interested.

Thanks everyone for your replies so far, still looking for a few players, so get in touch - especially sax or keys !

BUMP. Sax player !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭cat23

I'd be interested pm me more details u can watch vids of me on my current thread!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭prince john

Hi
    Drummer here I would be interested ,Playing with a 80s tribute band at the moment but would love to try something new
    Thanks
    John

Advertisement