Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manga you want turned into Anime/Movie

• 04-09-2011 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

This is a thread for manga that we would like to see turned into a Anime/Movie. For example I would like to see The Breaker: New Wave,Aiki and Psyren get a anime version. Also i would like to see Claymore,Berserk and Hellsing get a live actions made(as long as it was done better than dragonball,Fist of the north star ect ...) . Please post your ideas biggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Pluto by Naoki Urasawa.
    IIRC it's already green-lighted for a Hollywood adaptation; here's hoping they pump good money into it without rewriting the plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Yotsuba most definitely. Even just as short 10 minute episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Ignoring the spambot, I definitely want to see PokéSpecial converted into a special anime series. Because the storylines, characters and such in PS are so much better than the boring drivel Satoshi gets up to in that excuse of a Pokémon anime that never seems to end :/

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭irateghost

blade of the immortal oh yes it would be so awesome )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Toshiaki Iwashiro's Psyren series would make for a really nice shounen anime, if they managed to get Iwashiro on board we might even get the intended ending properly written.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,097 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The new Berserk animated project really has me excited, but I'd still love the remainder of the books in the style of the old series.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Ignoring the spambot, I definitely want to see PokéSpecial converted into a special anime series. Because the storylines, characters and such in PS are so much better than the boring drivel Satoshi gets up to in that excuse of a Pokémon anime that never seems to end :/
    Regular anime viewers wouldn't be able to handle the awesomeness of Red, nor the cuteness of Yellow.

JSnAl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Regular anime viewers wouldn't be able to handle the awesomeness of Red, nor the cuteness of Yellow.

Gee, if they wouldn't be able to handle those two, how on earth will they handle Gold, RubyxSapphire, and DPPt? ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

e_e wrote: »
    Yotsuba most definitely. Even just as short 10 minute episodes.

+1000000000000

Azumanga Daioh is basically the same show and it was a critical and commercial success when adapted into Anime

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mairtin.l

o1s1n wrote: »
    The new Berserk animated project really has me excited, but I'd still love the remainder of the books in the style of the old series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5n5mt3uMJc&feature=related

BerserkGolden age 1 - Egg of the supreme king January 2012

I cant wait for this to come out. This manga has been going for 20 years and is still great biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭Nollog

frankenfran.jpg
    Franken Fran, because it will never happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rigardo

o1s1n wrote: »

I hear that! Didn't know there was a new project underway though... Excellent!

*edit* Just saw the trailer and it looks epic! What are the chances they'll make a LOTR style (3x3hr) trilogy?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    frankenfran.jpg
    Franken Fran, because it will never happen.
    FKRSP.jpg

Stop crushing my dreams~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭Nollog

Sorry, but Japanese TV would have to censor pretty much every scene in an anime about Franken Fran.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ForgottenCandy

Toshiaki Iwashiro's Psyren series would make for a really nice shounen anime, if they managed to get Iwashiro on board we might even get the intended ending properly written.

If I'm not mistaken there's already an anime adaptation for that. I loved the manga but just don't have time to watch the anime, if there's one.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Stocking Drinks Whiskey

Last night, part of my dreams involved a Serial Experiments Lain movie...
    Might be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kvothe

well i just reading code: breaker. and i have to say it would be great if they turn this one in an anime, also would be cool to see more anime about Dogs:Carnage and bullets. not only the 4 ova's.... but all in all the mangas mostly better than animes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Shingeki no Kyojin. It would be glorious, but maybe needs more content before they'd start.

FeffO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29 tbfrance11

Franken Fran :)) Though it would totally lose the essence of it being "Franken Fran" XD if you know what i mean :P

As i am sure most of you have heard Akira,Ghost in a shell and Cowboy bebop have rumors about live action movies in the pipe's.
    But lets hope that we dont end up with this

• Advertisement

I just seen this link talking about a bleac live action in development
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-02-22/warner-develops-live-action-film-of-tite-kubo-bleach-manga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sarahjon

I would love to see more of kare kano. It was animated, but I think they haven't done it pretty well and finished it when the story gets more interesting in the manga. I want to start from there.
    Tsubasa did great job with the costume, dialogue and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jennina

I think it's actually a Manwah, but still...
    I once read those five volumes of "Tarot Café" and since the drawings are so beautiful, I guess it would look great on tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sciencebizare

irateghost wrote: »
    blade of the immortal oh yes it would be so awesome )
    Blade of the immortal has already been animated, it follows the manga closely unfortunately it not near as long as the manga

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sciencebizare

I would love to see Immortal Rain in an anime adaption. My heart would melt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Biscuit Hammer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Although it was already made into a live action film, I hope battle royale is made into an anime series, although it was originally a novel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Although it was already made into a live action film, I hope battle royale is made into an anime series, although it was originally a novel.

If the manga is anything to go by that would be an incredibly violent anime - brains, so much brains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Shybookwormy

A manga I'd like to see turn into an anime/movie...
    Well I'd love to see 1/2 prince (a manhwa) get turned into an anime.
    I'd love to see a live action of deadman wonderland but that would be very gruesome, so it's not likely to happen... A live action of sket-dan and bakuman would also be very much welcomed by me! :D I'd also love to see a gintama movie... lol, it would be so random!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Argent_Dreeson

Gunka no Baltzar.

If no other reason then the fact it is gorgeously drawn.

Advertisement