Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

redring shower

Options
  • 04-09-2011 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

Is there an inlet filter on redring instant showers

i cleaned the shower head but the temp is still too high with the

flow control at cold

don't know either if theres an issue with tank or pump

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

There should be a filter in it before the solenoid valve somewhere. Too hot means the flow of water is restricted in some way anyway, or the water in the attic tank is very warm.

Remove the shower head and see is the water too hot then when on full flow. How did you clean the head? Descale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

the shower head is fine- i used furex

i dunno if there's a problem with head(height of tank over shower) or filter or pump or what, as there seems to be low pressure at all the taps upstairs as well

The height of the tank shouldnt affect a pumped shower too much once its not below the level of the shower, and in the attic, but a look into the attic tank might be worth a look.

Maybe the water mains went off and the attic tank emptied, leaving air locks or sludge in the shower supply to clog the filter.

Is it a new shower installation?

Limescale in the showers element tank can restrict water flow too. If scale breaks off, it can block the exit from the heating tank where the flex hose connects to.

no it's an old one

there's a reasonable flow but not quite enough even at coldest setting

i see alright that the tank head should be ok once it's above

anyhow i'll be meeting up with plumber

Filter clogged
    not as convenient as leading brands to remove

perfect now with flow at midrange

• Advertisement

Yea i think ye have to open the unit before the solenoid in them old redrings to get at the filter. Years since i seen one.

Advertisement