Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Tarot Cards in Dublin

Options
  • 04-09-2011 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

I was looking for a traditional set- I think the ones I want are called the Rider Waite or Rider Waite Smith set.

They are the most common set in use in the English speaking world I'm told, but they don't seem to be very common in Dublin.

Does anyone know where I might find some?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rider-Waite_tarot_deck

I don't think I have time to get them online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

It's the sort of thing I would've looked in Waterstones for...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭miss dakota

hi stripey cat, i bought some in the shop yellow brick rd, its beside bachelors walk. I bought the ryder tarot, but i found there was too many negative cards in the deck, i found a bit upsetting, so i bought another more modern deck with beautiful pictures on it, there was a good few decks to choose from. also theres a website you can look at the diff types of tarot card selections, or get a free reading on the website i-fate or facade. waterstones dont sell the good decks ;)

Thanks. I particularly want the Rider Waite deck because of the Pamela Smith illustrations.

Thanks for the tip re Yellow Brick Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 klaramcdonnell

there is an angel shop on Aungier street...they sell them there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

They sell those ones in Eason's OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

The cheapest cards I have found are actually on Amazon.co.uk - but it does take a couple of days to get them. I noticed that the Rider Waite was in the discount shop in Tullamore, so they might be another place to check.

Yellow Brick Road as already been mentioned and they also tend to have a lot of nice things, I got my Viking Tarot deck there.
    Melodi

BeatNikDub wrote: »
    They sell those ones in Eason's OP

No they don't. They sell all sorts of Tarot Decks, but not this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Oh, well they used to. I got those exact ones about 2 years ago in the Eason's in Dundrum.

Yellow Brick Road is an amazing shop.

Advertisement