Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Closing Down!

• 04-09-2011 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

It is with great sadness we now announce that Ultimate MMA Supplies will officially close in the next couple of weeks.

We will be having a MAJOR CLOSING DOWN SALE starting tomorrow with everything selling off super cheap so make the most of this and pop in.

PLEASE NOTE ALL TRANSACTIONS FOR THIS PERIOD ARE CASH ONLY!

Any clubs wishing to purchase stuff to sell at their gyms please contact us and we can sort something out!

Thanks to everyone for supporting us over the last two years!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Good luck with future enterprises..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

With the prices been used in the sale i'd say this business could have stayed open

Gear was just too expensive.

Hard luck and best wishes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

With the prices been used in the sale i'd say this business could have stayed open

Alan Sugar I presume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ultimatemma

I like the way you PRESUME that my business could stay open!!!!

Do you own a business? I'm going to PRESUME you don't and therefore don't have a clue about the overheads involved in running such a business. Having to make the choice to close your doors is hard enough without snide comments from morons like you.

Once again you have just proved how you never have anything to say that people want to hear.

To all the people that have phoned, text and emailed to wish me well, I would like to say thank you so much. It means alot!

If you do want to check out our "so called expensive sale prices" they are all here:

http://www.ultimatemmasupplies.ie/

Alan Sugar I presume?

I work in Burger King!

But point been i could not afford there prices same as half my mates

With the sale prices i might be able too as many would

If you look for this stuff online you can always get it cheaper

Just my opinion on what next MMA company that comes along should do.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Yes it's a competitive market, every market is. But the time to make comments on what should have been done is not when someone is losing their business. Have a bit of decorum for once.

I like the way you PRESUME that my business could stay open!!!!

Do you own a business? I'm going to PRESUME you don't and therefore don't have a clue about the overheads involved in running such a business. Having to make the choice to close your doors is hard enough without snide comments from morons like you.

I'm pretty sure i wished you luck and calling me a moron is personal abuse

If you sold more volume with lower prices then you would make more profit

it's not rocket science!

i learned that in 5th year

You managed to pay overheads for long enough so you where obviously making some money

I dont expect you to take an inexperienced lads advise but volume of sales would have kept your business open and word of mouth of good prices would have kept you busy

I could not afford your prices and as potential customer that was your loss and i'm only speaking from my own position of affordability

You slag my posting style yet all you do on here is promote your BUSINESS and it's obvious your friendly with the mods

I won't resort to name calling and will just leave you with your typical abusing anyone who questions you

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sdub

he is right! the shop was far to expensive.
    anyway sorry to hear that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

If you sold more volume with lower prices then you would make more profit

it's not rocket science!

i learned that in 5th year

You managed to pay overheads for long enough so you where obviously making some money

What you learn theoretically in 5th year in school does not constitute to good business acumen. There is a lot more to it than selling larger volumes at lower prices. You can compare the prices of a small Irish operation against a larger UK online competitor but the fact is that the playing field is not level.

If you buy in bulk it generally costs less per unit. Obviously you need to have cash flow to buy in bulk (hard to get that in this country) and a market that facilitates the sale of these products quickly. If you are left with them as stock they depreciate in value and cut into your profit margin, therefore leaving you in a pickle... you can drop the price and incur an even greater loss or leave them as is. A lot of bigger companies will get sale support on selling off older lines and buying in newer lines but the same cannot be said for smaller operators.

The Irish market is significantly smaller than the UK market so therefore buyers wouldn't be buying anywhere near the same quantities. They will also have to incur shipping costs as they would probably be buying it from trade in the UK. This all adds to the cost. The UK retailer is then buying the products cheaper and turning them into cash quicker so therefore they can sell them cheaper.

That is a very basic summarisation of trading - I know I am also leaving out a lot of other factors (such as VAT and other taxes) but I hope that you get the general point which is that its not a case of Irish Retailers being greedy and charging more than their UK counterparts, there are different costs between trading in Ireland versus the UK and the Irish companies have to charge more in order to be profitable. It is then up to us, the customers, to decide if we are willing to give the money to the Irish companies or pay less and send our money to the UK.

Ultimate MMA, sorry to hear that you are closing down. Best of luck in any future ventures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

If you do want to check out our "so called expensive sale prices" they are all here:

I picked up a smashing pair of Punchtown MMA sparring gloves from you for approx €5-7.oo less than I'd have bought them from a UK supplier and had hoped to buy from you again.

Just wondering, do you have the Punchtown Shin Guards in L or XL because the quality & price of these gloves are remarkable.

• Advertisement

I picked up a smashing pair of Punchtown MMA sparring gloves from you for approx €5-7.oo less than I'd have bought them from a UK supplier and had hoped to buy from you again.

Just wondering, do you have the Punchtown Shin Guards in L or XL because the quality & price of these gloves are remarkable.

Unfortunately I don't have XL left, just sold the last pair today! I have the MMA gloves, sparring gloves and MMA shin guards from this brand in size S only. Please note the punchtown gloves are big fitting so S is not as small as you may think!

As you have pointed out they are a super quality brand and are at an all time low price now due to the closing down sale!!

Unfortunately I don't have XL left, just sold the last pair today! I have the MMA gloves, sparring gloves and MMA shin guards from this brand in size S only. Please note the punchtown gloves are big fitting so S is not as small as you may think!

As you have pointed out they are a super quality brand and are at an all time low price now due to the closing down sale!!

Thanks for the reply, but small wouldn't go near me.

Do you have any plans to stay trading in any form, ie online or away from the expense of the city center?.

As of now, we have no plans to trade in any form......once the stock is all gone that is pretty much it!

But hey you never know what next year might bring!

As of now, we have no plans to trade in any form......once the stock is all gone that is pretty much it!

But hey you never know what next year might bring!

Well thats it.

I've a few friends who's businesses have went under recently, its awful and I do feel for anyone in your situation.

Regards for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pauldoo

sorry to hear your closing down, will you be open for the rest of the week? what time do you close in the evening?

pauldoo wrote: »
    sorry to hear your closing down, will you be open for the rest of the week? what time do you close in the evening?

Thanks! We are open til 6pm every evening except Thursday when we will be open until 8pm. However if there are some things you want, I would suggest ordering online of you have PayPal. All orders received before 1pm will be sent out the same day and its 1-2 day delivery with Fastway Couriers!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pauldoo

grand thanks, just got a tshirt on line

If only business was as easy as it is for 5th year economics student!

So we're closing on Friday (sept 9th) at 6p.m. That's regarding shops for Ultimate MMA Supplies. Whatever is left over will sell online. Please drop in and see us before we go and pick up a bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Good luck for the future. Hopefully you can get back on track sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Just ordered a tshirt off you guys there,sorry to hear you's are closing down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement