Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deck Grip!

Options
  • 04-09-2011 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

I put a lovely white & purple Dakine deck grip on my new board start of July.Now,I've surfed my board a handful of times.I have a problem,the white bit is no longer so white.I'd hate to know what its gonna be like in a year.Anything I can do to keep the white,white??Your help would be much appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I put a lovely white & purple Dakine deck grip on my new board start of July.Now,I've surfed my board a handful of times.I have a problem,the white bit is no longer so white.I'd hate to know what its gonna be like in a year.Anything I can do to keep the white,white??Your help would be much appreciated!!

Cover the whole board in talc or shake and vac - never tried it but hear it works - let us know how you goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭andyjo

Have you tried cleaning it with anything ? I would not worry too much if it goes a bit off colour, the main thing is grip anyway. Deck grip is great, I got my Bulldog Deck Grip in Sunset Watersports in Sligo for only 22 euro. It was easy to put on ( self adhesive ) and works a treat. There was a choice of colours, mine is not white though so I do not have to worry about it getting dirty looking. Maybe try pickle wax remover or scrabbing brush / mild detergent / warm water on yours ? Or failing that white spirits ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

It's a surfboard, not a fashion accessory??????:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Try washing your feet before you head into the water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

When rinsing your gear in fresh water, post surf and all else is rinsed, mix a quantity of Daz or similar into the water and pour it over your deck grip.

Works a treat!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement