Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children at night time gigs

Options
  • 04-09-2011 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or does anybody else think that bringing children to gigs especially where there's likely to be explicit material on show is wrong?. As far as I can see it seems to be a pretty recent middle class kind of trend. I was at a night time gig last year and was having a bit of craic and there was some banter going on in the group I was with , no rowdiness or aggression but there was a couple there with young children behind us with faces like we'd just pissed in their pints.

The review in the article below mentions parents being shocked by the content of the Rubber Bandits show. What did they expect?. I like the Rubber Bandits music but I wouldn't go bringing one of my young nieces or nephews to one of their gigs.

http://www.joe.ie/entertainment/music/rubberbandits-win-the-plaudits-at-electric-picnic-0015529-1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

That review mentions nothing about parents being shocked at all.

Depends on the gig really whether it's appropriate to have kids there. Most gigs are in licensed premises so it's illegal to have children there even with their parents after 9 isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Sorry that's in the review from the web link , she says ,

'Low: The expressions of parents with children on their shoulders increasingly grimacing as the set went on.'

It was at that concert in the Temple bar square where they used to have the markets. Sharon Shannon and her tour with Damien Dempsey etc. It was after nine and they were serving alcohol. They're not so strict on the 9 pm rule down the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

It depends on the gig. If its someone like jedward or Justin bieber i probably would bring my kids even though its late. Once its orienatated towards them. My 10 year old begged me to bring her to lady gaga . Poor child was very disappointed with all the nos she got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Rubber Bandits were on at 4 on the Saturday so if you were a clueless parent at the Picnic then you might have thought it was ok for kids.

But you'd want to be pretty clueless. And as soon as they started getting unsuitable then it's very easy to leave. I don't understand parents who stay through an entire set or film and then complain afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

I go to loads of pop-punk gigs and im 12 but id get an adult to go with me and im not allowed go to slane,oxegen ect

• Advertisement
Advertisement