Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st rc trainer plane

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Hi

There are two better options for you to think about:

1. The Parkzone Radian glider

2. The Hobbyzone Supercub

I have both planes and I learned how to fly on the Radian. The Radian is now out of production but you can pick up a second hand one on ebay or get one shipped from the States or Europe. It is quite a large plane with a 2 metre wingspan. The motor will haul it up to quite a height where you can switch off the motor and she will glide serenly around the sky for up to an hour on one battery.

The Supercub is also an easy plane to fly and quite forgiving of the odd mistake.

Both planes are rudder/elevator control and therefore quite easy to fly and once you aren't too harsh with the controls, you shouldn't get into too much bother. Parts are also easy to obtain for those inevitable crashes (we all have them). I'd recommend rcpitstop.co.uk for a good reliable retailer in the UK.

Finally, its a good idea to get a few lessons from someone experienced before you fly or your first flight may be a short one. I'm not being a smart a$$ here but rc flying is not as easy as it looks and several crashes while learning can quicly put you off a great hobby. Once you get the hang of flying, there's a great kick from taking off a plane, flying it well and landing her in one piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Hi,

Is a 5ch transmitter plenty good for a starter who is interested in flying planes but possibly helis also.

I've been looking at buying the parkzone radian and have finally found retailers stocking it again.

Was thinking of buying this http://www.rcpitstop.co.uk/phoenix-pro-flight-simulator-v3--spektrum-dx5e-1786-p.asp to do a bit of training(on both planes and helis)

with a view to buying this also, or maybe leaving it till I have some practice on the simulator.
    http://www.rcpitstop.co.uk/parkzone-radian-bnf-pkz4780-2588-p.asp

What are the opinions??? I'm just wondering is that a good start and can I branch into helis(beginner to advanced BNF ones) with that transmitter from the simulator(DX5e)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

If you think you will definitely branch into the heli`s, or even think you will continue on flying more aircraft, a dx6i would be better. And you can add a few more models to its 10 model memory i think it has. We have one here, as well as a dx7, and dx5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭inovo

I have a Parkzone Radian glider myself. Great plane to start with i feel myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

inovo wrote: »
    I have a Parkzone Radian glider myself. Great plane to start with i feel myself.

Yes they are a great way to start. I used to recommend them to anyone wanting to start, then they stopped making them.

They seem to be coming back though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

This was my first plane and i would reccomend it.
    And it is a irish shop so no ordering over seas.

http://radiocontrolledshop.ie/Ready-To-Fly-Planes/2645-nine-eagles-sky-runner-remote-controlled-plane-a-ne207001a-xmas-gift-for-boy.html

Advertisement