Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with ban

Options
  • 04-09-2011 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

It would have to be here at this site. after a guy was banned on this site for saying d*ck, I commented, you hear worse on day time radio, I was banned for questioning a moderators actions. Then in a email asking why, I was told I was acting a D*ck, when I complained about being called a d*ck, I was told it's a commonly used phrase on this site, If so why was anyone banned , moderators flexing their muscle, it would see, see my emails online here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTvvB1nemuw
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭samsham

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

That's not customer service.....this is an internet forum not a shop.....

there are not many opportunities to discuss fussy moderation here, so I take therm where I can. sorry to upset you. prob banned soon so chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

samsham wrote: »
    there are not many opportunities to discuss fussy moderation here, so I take therm where I can. sorry to upset you. prob banned soon so chill out.
    Theres an entire forum for it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

infact I was banned for commenting on a moderators actions, if you look up the link you sent me, it states commenting on a moderators actions is prohibited, NO questions allowed..How is that discussion?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

infact I was banned for commenting on a moderators actions, if you look up the link you sent me, it states commenting on a moderators actions is prohibited, NO questions allowed..How is that discussion?

thats why theres a feedback forum, look it up

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

samsham As other posters have told you, the Feedback and Dispute Resolution forums exist for dealing with issues such as yours.

This forum is for Consumer Issues, not issues with use of Boards itself. Therefore, I've moved your posts to a new thread in the Feedback forum.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

*gets popcorn*

Crap song you picked btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    *gets popcorn*

Crap song you picked btw

hahahahaha Yes I agree, but mute button is always handy.

But classic example of someone having too much time on their hands.

And oi, wheres my popcorn?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,183 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I've never seen anybody go to the trouble of making a youtube video about a ban before.

And your scrolling text? wth was that? It blocked a few of the posts you were trying to exemplify. Next time try links.

Basic Forum Rules:

-Definition: a "Forum" is any typical forum, ie. After Hours, Soccer, Consumer Issues, etc. and may not apply specifically to Feedback, Dispute Resolution, etc.

-Personal Abuse: you can't do this. examples include "What a prick"; "You're a prick"; "**** off"; etc. - You seem to think you were banned for using impolite terms in and of themselves. You weren't. How do I know this? I just said prick twice three times.

-Arguing in-forum/in-thread about moderation: Not allowed. Refer to Dispute Resolution if you have any questions about this. Dispute Resolution is how you object/complain about a moderator's action. You are mistaken to think you "Can't Win". You're certainly given opportunities to appeal. Even sitebanned users can appeal from the Prison forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

SamSham are you offering feedback on boards.ie and its moderation? or are you looking to appeal a ban that has been imposed?

If the former, please do so without linking to an offsite source.

if the latter, please post in the Dispute resolution forum where a cmod will review the issue and , if necessary, an admin will be happy to give their opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Boards.ie is a large community, sometimes described as a community of communities. And like all communities, customs and rules dictate what is and is not acceptable.

As it is a discussion forum, questioning mods actions on thread interrupt the discussion and generally derail the thread. So, the rule is to take it to PM. If you do not get any satisfaction there, as others have pointed out, we have a dispute resolution forum.

Are moderators/cmods/admins/Boards employees right 100%? Of course not. I have made some monumental cock-ups over time. But fortunately, we have, in affect, a peer-review system whereby I am confident that if I am out of line, somebody else will pull me up and tell me.

So you are allowed question moderator/cmods/admins actions, just not on thread.

Advertisement