Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

out of towners make a huff

• 04-09-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Had seven out of towners in a restaurant last night. They were in UL for a competition that weekend. So it was a full house and they had a table at the front. When thy left they said their jacket was gone that they had apparently left it on the chair on the other table. That party had probably taken it when they left. Who do they start blaming? The staff and then accuse the waitress of stealing. We have had lost property left under the chair before and we always made sure it was returned. It's not like we asked to put their jackets on the clothes hanger/jacket closet. That'll mean it was the staff's fault.

They go on about how it was typical Limerick that they had their chromes robbed in UL as well. Despite that the UL Security telling them not to park in that location because it was a known break-in spot on campus.

That's my rant, thick eejits. 1) lack of awareness, 2) not being able to mind their own stuff 3) accusing an innocent party. We got their number and told them we'll contact them if the other party returns the jacket and whatever its contents were. The joys of the service sector. And people wonder why I tip big when eating out. Because I KNOW.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

this is what CCTV and the local gardai are for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Who do they start blaming? The staff and then accuse the waitress of stealing.

Who accuses restaurant staff of stealing stuff?! The staff would be really stupid to do so, it'd be way too easy to track down.
    And people wonder why I tip big when eating out. Because I KNOW.

Only tip when the service is up to scratch. Tips aren't a privilege, they have to be earned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

You should have cleard them and said "who the do you think you are. Get out of my restaurant NOW!!" See you Next Tuedays!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DragonboyVNY

oh I like that :) Chuck em out, and like Apu (The Simpsons) "Thank You Come Again :) ".

We used to have that a lot in the olden days apparently: a brawl or two in the Chinese, then we see them (the losers of course) the following Monday for another bit of custom, no love lost. Nowadays much more professional handling things.

Yes CCTV does the job. My uncle caught the perpetrator illegally dumping into his restaurant wheelie bin one time with his CCTV. It was an old man, and my uncle gave him a warning and the guy never did it again. It wasn't just domestic rubbish, some of the stuff were quite big and needed to be in a skip or something! It's not the money it's the principle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

seachto7 wrote: »
    See you Next Tuedays!
    oh I like that :) Chuck em out, and like Apu (The Simpsons) "Thank You Come Again :) ".

I think there's a bit of miscommunication here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

What are "chromes"?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Firefox11 wrote: »
    What are "chromes"?? :confused:

Chrome alleyes kiiiid :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

So what kind of jacket is it, and how much do you want for it? :pac:

runs away quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Kess73 wrote: »