Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**** Jerry Scully RIP ****

Options
  • 04-09-2011 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Jerry Scully of Scully Guns in Athlone passed away last night. I know his name was often mentioned on boards. RIP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mule2

R I P Jerry
    always good for a story/ tall tail;)
    my thoughts are with his family he will be missed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

RIP Jerry

Was always a good man for a chat. Will be deeply missed!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I heard poor Jerry has been unwell for some time now, and hearing of his passing is truely a sad thing.

He was always good for a story, and while he was the focus of a good story or two here he was a pure gent and will be missed.

Condolences to his family and friends.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

yessam wrote: »
    Jerry Scully of Scully Guns in Athlone passed away last night. I know his name was often mentioned on boards. RIP

A young man RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

RIP Jerry, thoughts go out to his family, was only in there a handful of times but he certainly was a character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

RIP Jerry and my thoughts and prayers to his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

any one hear of any arrangements??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

It is with great sadness that I pass on the information about the death of Gerry Scully from Scully Guns and Tackle in Athlone.

I am shocked about his passing as I was under the impression that he was on the mend.

While people have there stories about him will always remember him for the smile on his face as walked in and I got my first shotgun/rifle/pistol from his store.

RIP Gerry Scully

GH

***** Just saw the sticky relating to the same matter, mods please move this to the sticky***

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭kieran1141

RIP GERRY.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

mule2 wrote: »
    R I P Jerry
    always good for a story/ tall tail;)
    my thoughts are with his family he will be missed

+1 terrible news, when you would buy ammo from him i always came out smiling from his stories...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

RIP Jerry,I bought alot of fishing stuff off him,he was full of yarns!
    pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Reposing at his home tomorrow, Monday, from 5pm to 8pm. A mass in celebration of his life will take place on Tuesday at 11am in the Church of the Risen Christ, Ballybay, Athlone. He will be laid to rest afterwards in the New Cemetery, Bohermore, Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

My thoughts are with his family. I got a txt this morning telling me of his passing which shocked and saddened me.

Cancer is a scourge, It takes no prisoners .
    I knew he was unwell several months now.
    He will be missed in Athlone where he was as well known as the Shannon that flows through it.
    If I was not working; it would be a funeral I would be at.
    I hope his family( in some small way) know that at least his suffering and pain is over and he is telling yarns in the sky.

I first met Gerry when he had the shop out at the house in Hodson bay.
    I had been in and out of his new shop several times since, always left with a smile.

Codlath sámh Gearoíd

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Remmie 223

I was only in his shop 2 or 3 times. Very sorry to hear of his passing
    R.I.P Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

Rip gerry!!
    bought some gear when i was only starting out as a lad, very helpful and a good man for a chat, rip, my thoughts are with your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Rip Jerry

Only ever talked to the man a handful of times over the phone and never knew he was sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭epfff

Called to gerry regularly.he was a true gentleman.great guy to chair and contribute to a debate on all sorts of topics in the shop.leaving the shop I was always smiling not knowing that he had sold me about 5 things more than what i would have went in for.
    tnx for all the chats and advice

• Registered Users Posts: 42 shane32819

rip jerry

• Registered Users Posts: 26 1968eamon

RIP GERRY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

RIP Gerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ROSSKI

RIP Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ring 20

rip gerry. sold me a trolling mount and some smelts as all roach were gone one day so i could catch myself a ferox trout, not yet managed the ferox but caught a 30lb plus pike on them. will be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭marksman9999

RIP, A gentleman and always very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Mauser 308

RIP Gerry. very sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭customrifle

R I P Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭freddieot

RIP Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

RIP GERRY a true gent

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭highduck

Hi Guys,

Some of you probably know.

Gerry Scully (Scully Guns Athlone) passed away yesterday after a brief battle with Cancer.

Personally I would have classed him as a friend who always had time for a chat about anything to do with guns/shooting(even if you were not buying.)I'll miss calling to the shop in Athlone when I'm passing for a chat,some stories and a laugh.

He is being buried in Galway tomorrow(Tuesday in Bothar More Cemetery for anyone that may be interested.)

My thoughts are with his wife and family at this time as they try and cope with their loss.

A great character gone...............

Highduck.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭robbie mars

bought some fishing gear when we were on holidays few years ago nice man rip thoughts and prayers go with the family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

RIP Gerry

Advertisement