Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane Theme Tune?

• 04-09-2011 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anybody knew the theme tune used on Marian Finucane's weekend programme on Radio 1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

afaik it's "Summer Holiday" an old Cliff Richard number, goes like....

"Marzies' Going on her Summer Holiday,
    no more working for a month or four"

Either that or it's "See you in September", but it could be a parody on a Beatles number re-titled to "Four Hours a Week".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Wide Eyed & Speechless ( For 3 to 4 months ) Its the Fairweather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

europa11 wrote: »
    afaik it's "Summer Holiday" an old Cliff Richard number, goes like....

I was gonna suggest "Gone Til November" by Wyclef Jean..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

I think it was a commissioned tune from the time she did a weekday slot at 9am on Radio One. It was originally recorded by a string ensemble, but the present nasty, Casio keyboard version emerged when she went to her weekend slot.
    For nastiness, it's up there with Pat Kenny's theme tune, also recorded on Casio Keyboard.
    To think they have access to a symphony orchestra, a concert orchestra, a string quartet and this is the best that can be achieved?
    Amateur hour in Dixieland.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Theme tune for Ms Finucane: Madonna's "Material Girl". Suits her perfectly (except it's a long time since she was a girl)!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Or how about "An Old Fashioned Millionaire?" ;)

In fairness - I can't remember how the theme goes it's so long since I've heard it.

"Old Fashioned Millionairess", yes, it was a big hit back when Marzie used to work five days a week.

feck, you're right, that is a long time ago :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

You've got to admit it sounds very upbeat. In a "I love this handy number for such big money..!" kind of way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Why dont you email marian@rte.ie or ring one of the number on the show page http://www.rte.ie/radio1/marianfinucane/ and ask them.. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Here's what Marian hums during the ad breaks...

• Advertisement

If you look carefully along Marzies' chorus line there, you'll see Joe Duffy.

He's the one with the gimpy leg, a likeness of James Connolly on the coin,

.............and a beard.

Advertisement