Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SD card or USB only stereo?

• 04-09-2011 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭

OK, I dont have an Ipod or iphone and every dock you can get seems to be made for these. My solution was a stereo that you can slot an sd card or usb into. Do these exist? I know you can get ones with CD players on them, but I'm wondering if there's ones just for memory cards so it'll be a bit neater. All my music is in mp3 format now anyway.

At the moment I just connect my mp3 player up to speakers through a headphone jack, but it means no remote. And sometimes I leave my mp3 player at work too, so it's not ideal. Room isn't massive, so doesn't need super powerful speakers either.

All suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

After spending hours of research, i don't think these exist. I'm going to go for the smallest Denon hifi with a usb port on it. Or a TEAC CR-H258i

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Heh, in the thread just below I was asking for a recommendation for one with as CD player, having only found ones without in my price range :D

The H&B - CA-6000ip has SD and USB support but no CD player if you're still looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Ah yes, but you were looking for a car stereo. I'm looking for one for the gaff. Really hard to find info on them. Heart was set on the Denon DM38DAB. But the more I read about it, the more annoying it sounds. Can only read 255 folders, plays stuff in the order it was copied onto the memory stick, can only read down 2 folders (i think) and seems to have a lot of limitations.
    Considering how popular downloading music is, and listening to them as files, I wonder why manufacturers don't make the USB or memory card source with more options.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Sorry, missed that. I had awful trouble getting a dock for my MP3 player a while back and ended up just getting an external speaker for about a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

A zombie thread, but I'll post anyway in case anyone reads it. The solution is an Onkyo CR-N755. Available with recommended speakers here:
    http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=6802

• Advertisement
Advertisement