Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleep in or out

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

Discodog wrote: »
    I wouldn't let a dog on the bed & definitely not in the bed :eek:
    Well we can as our dogs are cleaner than some humans!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Discodog wrote: »
    She probably thinks that it will be less obvious. I have this vision of one our Boardie's doggies under the duvet & starting to heave. There would be this moment of waking up, trying to register what's happening & then realising that it's too late :eek:

This happened to me with a foster pup. He wasn't well and I just couldn't keep him warm so brought him up to bed with me so I could keep an eye on him. :( Yuck. But it wasn't his fault. Poor baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,900 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Whispered wrote: »
    This happened to me with a foster pup. He wasn't well and I just couldn't keep him warm so brought him up to bed with me so I could keep an eye on him. :( Yuck. But it wasn't his fault. Poor baby.

I am surprised that you didn't say to hubby "Look what you did in your sleep last night ":D

If one were staying in one of these dog in the bed houses one might be very tempted to buy a plastic joke poo !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Kash wrote: »
    Mine sleep in our bedroom, but are definitely not allowed on the bed... I am genuinely surprised that so many people on here do! They used to try sneaking up there in the morning, but at 5.5 stone each, they are not very sneaky :)

Only one of mine sleeps on the bed has done for over13 years but shes not really a dog shes more human ;)

Honest she talks to me :D (ok the people in white coats are at the door :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

We never intended it to happen but our girl sleeps between us on the bed.:)

Dont panic people, I said on the bed.......not in it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 ohmfg

Our two big guys sleep on our bed, one with his head on a pillow and the other down by my feet. I'm pinned in between them on one side and himself on the other:). We bought a 7' wide bed for that very reason:eek:

The little one sleeps in her crate in the living room, she's not reliably enough house trained to allow on the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

I have to confess that one of ours actually sleeps in the bed! She has a very thin coat and insists on burying down under the duvet every night to keep warm. I expressed some unease about it a few times, but husband just feels sorry for her so I gave in! We tried stopping her from doing it, but she kept us awake for three nights either throwing herself at the closed bedroom door or making increasingly energetic attempts to get on the bed and tunnel down to our feet...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

my two sleep in their comfy beds in the kitchen but given half a chance they'll sleep on our bed. hubbie is stricter then me - i'd probably have them in the bed if i could. if hubbie is away i bring them up and on the weekend i'll go down at about 6am and bring them up so everyone has a cuddly lie in.

they have to be carried to bed every night from the sofa - when i say 'bedtime' they pretend to be asleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

in the living room on the sofa at night. I prefer having a dog indoors at night for security reasons. plus for him its warmer and cosier than outside. I'd never let a dog sleep on my bed, altho when I was a kid I did :) they are just too restless, take up the whole bed, puke in the bed etc I didnt mind when I was small and afraid of the dark :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Mine slept outside until one of my neighbours got a cat which caused the dogs to bark at all hours. So now they sleep inside, unlike the bloody cat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Our first one started out outside then the weather got cold so we took her in and nevr went back out.

Same here. Started outside but during the bad winter had to be brought outside and he loved it so much and was so good and there were so few accidents, that it made no sense to put him out 2 months later when the nights eventually warmed up.

Actually it's better, cos outside he was barking at dawn and last thing at night and it was headwrecking. He doesn't do that anymore because he can't hear other dogs when he's inside in the kitchen. He's much more settled - loves it inside!

Advertisement