Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any help would be appreciated.

Options
  • 04-09-2011 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am going to Orlando this Wednesday and then heading on a cruise to the Bahamas, St Thomas and St Maarten, starting Sunday the 11th..

Could anyone give me any information on how what the weather is going to be like while I am there.

I keep hearing about these hurricanes and Thunderstorms but after going through some of the threads here, I am confused as I don't understand a lot of the information that you have provided regarding Katia and Lee.

If you could explain it in laymans terms this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wayne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

The National Hurricane Centre's website is very good and you don't need to be a meteorologist to understand it. If you click on each individual storm it gives predicted tracks, wind speeds and precipitation.

Linky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

At this time of the year there is high chance of some cloudiness and shower/thunderstorms. The chances of you getting hit by a hurricane are at their greatest in September, but are still very small and not worth worrying about.

Temperatures are like clockwork, every day getting up to 30-32 C, falling to mid 20s at night.

Expect some warm days, probably breezy at times, and a good mix of sunshine and cloud. Still very nice, and remember you'll still burn like crazy through the cloud.....I'm speaking from experience! :rolleyes:

Keep a listen out for any tropical developments, as it's too early to be exact about them at this stage. One model (GFS) does show a tropical storm developing over Mexico and moving northeastwards through the Gulf towards Mississippi-western Florida area around the 13-15th, but at this stage it's not worth worrying about. Any systems affecting you would most likely come from the open Atlantic to your east, and there's no sign of any new developments there at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Eh, Hangball, you may want to keep an eye on this thread. You may just get your hurricane afterall!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056380751

Advertisement