Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchanging different currency coins?

Options
  • 04-09-2011 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,
    I was just wondering if you guys knew any places that exchanged coins from other currencies. I have about 50 GBP in 1 Pound and 2 Pound Sterling coins which I need changing over to Euro(s)... I live in Swords and I tried Ulster Bank a while ago, but they said they could only accept notes. I don't mind going to town if there is a place there that does currency exchange on coins.
    Would anyone have any idea where I could exchange these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Up north, around an hour if u drive you may find a shop near the boarder that will let you buy something with stg or give it to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Bank of Ireland might take them. I'm almost sure I seen 1 and 2 pound on their trays. I know they'll take the pound coins in the Airport but it usually cost more.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

Did you have any luck? I have the exact same problem! About £50 in coins. Very annoying!

Advertisement