Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help choosing a construction project

• 04-09-2011 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Ok. My teacher wants us to have a project picked by the end of this week and I have not got a clue what to make :confused::o
    So could anybody give me some ideas/tips on what I should make/the best wood to use?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I say go with a scale house our a historical Building are maybe the easyist to make and get good marks on

I made a house my self it was a modern house and turned out ok for me but would have been a lot better if i worked at it more

I guy in my class made newgrange and it turned out pretty good looked just like it

Do not make a item of furniture because you will be sorry because the amount of work you will have to put in on that is something else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 mccarre4

i too would recommend a scale house, balsa wood is a great material for making scale buildings. you can also use heavey card to make a trial version but definitely balsa wood for final project.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

tbh, I would rather make a small/simple piece of funiture that would get me good marks. But I just dont know what to make :(

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Sorry for the bump.
    What do the examiners look for when it comes to the projects. Do they look for size, quality or joints? Or neither ? :o
    The project im going to make is fairly small ( 18"X12"X19"(H))

Advertisement