Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just the two of us

• 04-09-2011 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hey me and my mate are wondering about getting into the sport and where to begin....as theres only the two of us (thats not really enough for a team), we've tried to convince other boring-azz friends but no luck.

any suggestions? (other than ditching our boring mates)

We are in Dublin btw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

whubee wrote: »
    Hey me and my mate are wondering about getting into the sport and where to begin....as theres only the two of us (thats not really enough for a team), we've tried to convince other boring-azz friends but no luck.

any suggestions? (other than ditching our boring mates)

We are in Dublin btw.

Your best bet is to drop over to Paintballer.ie and have a chat with the lads there. Few things to note about Paintball as a sport:

1) Its expensive (Starting out, after the initial investment its about €50 for a day out)
    2) Its a legal minefield i.e. You cannot legally own a paintball marker in Ireland. They are classed as a firearm.
    3) In terms of playing, you have to play on legitimate sites. You can't just play in your back garden ;)
    4) In terms of Tournaments and Competitions, there isn't a huge amount of them in Ireland, about 1 per month. However there are regular training days where you can talk to the lads and get loads of helpful info.

As I said, Paintballer.ie is your first stop.

Advertisement