Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceiling speaker system

Options
  • 04-09-2011 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was asked to look into putting a speaker system into the family shop. I reckon 4 speakers would be about right.

So what I think I need is 4 suitable speakers (nothing fancy required, it would only ever be background music), cabling and some sort of tuner where all the wiring is attached to and the music is selected on. Is that right?

As for the tuner, it would need to be able to play radio, CDs and an AUX input (for ipod).

Can anyone recommend any equipment that would suit our needs?

Also in terms of installing, I assume we would be able to do it in an afternoon. There is drop ceiling in place so it shouldn't be too difficult I would imagine.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Look up Sonos. Tad expensive, will play internet radio (so need BB) and will not play CD's (but you could stick them on a NAS drive)...should pick up cheap speakers for €100/pair and they will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Hifi Keith

Can get all in one PA systems that have built in cd/tuner/aux port and also can power up to 16 speakers.

With 4 speakers being all thats necessary any amp will work fine, find one with a built in tuner and all you need to add is a cd player (recommend a professional grade one as it will be playing for long periods when on)

Advertisement