Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dermal anchor problem?

Options
  • 04-09-2011 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Hi I have two dermal anchors in the back of my neck (my piercer called them skin divers) and four days ago I got a tattoo in between them. I have the dermal anchors for around 8 or 9 months, but the problem is today one of the dermals is raised out my skin much more than the other one due to like a bubble in the skin underneath it. ive been soaking it in salt water since and usuing fucidin cream (which is what my doc recommended for infected piercings) so hopefully it does down. anyone have any idea whats going on or what I should do? thanks for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

It sounds to me that the dermals are growing out, similar thing happened to mine on my wrist, looked horrible and left a nasty scar, soaking didn't help at all. I had to get them removed in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

my piercer took them out for me today no pain at all said they were both actually rejecting

my piercer took them out for me today no pain at all said they were both actually rejecting

Awh, thats a pity! At least you got them out early, should have minimal scarring!

Awh, thats a pity! At least you got them out early, should have minimal scarring!

ya thats why he took them out he said they shouldnt scar much if we get them early, he also let me keep them and said hell put them back in when I heal if I want.

ya thats why he took them out he said they shouldnt scar much if we get them early, he also let me keep them and said hell put them back in when I heal if I want.

You gonna get the put back in?

• Advertisement

You gonna get the put back in?

Ya I think I will eventually. The tattoo and dermal anchors go well together, but I do like not catching them on t-shirts or hoodies so we will see ha

Ya I think I will eventually. The tattoo and dermal anchors go well together, but I do like not catching them on t-shirts or hoodies so we will see ha

Aye, i have a bar in the back of my neck and im forever getting hair caught on it or pulling at it with tops!

Advertisement