Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Eircom rep called to me and said Vodafone are leaving Ireland

Options
  • 04-09-2011 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

I answered the door and he started off on the usual sales pitch telling me eircom have new NGB offers out and he can offer me Anytime calls for 12 months with 8 meg broadband (no price rise mid contact) for 40 euro. I said to him have the offers changed recently as the last time i checked 40 euro was for off peak calls and rose to the standard price after 6 months. He said that's changed since june and if i sign a contract with him the contract price can only go down, not up. I said what about the off peak price, he said that had dropped to 34 euro.

He then made the claim that in a month vodafone are leaving ireland and that the 1907 number will be changed to a direct number to the UK and that his job is great with all the vodafone customers coming back to eircom. He also said the way things are going he can see eircoms prices being 5 euro lower again in 6 months. I asked him why voda would leave ireland while there making profits, he said they made their money and now want to get out :rolleyes:

I then asked him do you work for eircom and he replied, no, i work for (not sure exactly what he said), was either crm or cpm or something close to that. I checked them up and it must be CPM im presuming, the sales guys.

Needless to say, i didnt go for his "deal".

I asked him can he sell eircoms products cheaper than is advertised on eircoms web site? He said no and the prices he has quoted are on eircoms web page as well. I was very suspicious of his claims and after he left logged on to check the prices and, yep, everything he said was total bull. If we had signed up with him im sure we would have got a nasty shock on our first bill with no anytime calls on it. I intend to contact cpm, eircom and comreg this is just blatant cheap tactics and lies to get a sale. It will be interesting to see what response i get.

I know door-to-door sales guys can be slippery and economical with the truth but this was just ridiculous :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Post it up over on the Eircom section for an answer: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1293

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to eircom forum, since this concerns one of their employees/contractors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Sapele wrote: »
    I answered the door and he started off on the usual sales pitch telling me eircom have new NGB offers out and he can offer me Anytime calls for 12 months with 8 meg broadband (no price rise mid contact) for 40 euro. I said to him have the offers changed recently as the last time i checked 40 euro was for off peak calls and rose to the standard price after 6 months. He said that's changed since june and if i sign a contract with him the contract price can only go down, not up. I said what about the off peak price, he said that had dropped to 34 euro.

He then made the claim that in a month vodafone are leaving ireland and that the 1907 number will be changed to a direct number to the UK and that his job is great with all the vodafone customers coming back to eircom. He also said the way things are going he can see eircoms prices being 5 euro lower again in 6 months. I asked him why voda would leave ireland while there making profits, he said they made their money and now want to get out :rolleyes:

I then asked him do you work for eircom and he replied, no, i work for (not sure exactly what he said), was either crm or cpm or something close to that. I checked them up and it must be CPM im presuming, the sales guys.

Needless to say, i didnt go for his "deal".

I asked him can he sell eircoms products cheaper than is advertised on eircoms web site? He said no and the prices he has quoted are on eircoms web page as well. I was very suspicious of his claims and after he left logged on to check the prices and, yep, everything he said was total bull. If we had signed up with him im sure we would have got a nasty shock on our first bill with no anytime calls on it. I intend to contact cpm, eircom and comreg this is just blatant cheap tactics and lies to get a sale. It will be interesting to see what response i get.

I know door-to-door sales guys can be slippery and economical with the truth but this was just ridiculous :eek:
    Hi Sapele
    My apologies that you should have have this experience with someone representing eircom service. Would you mind PM'ing me either your address or phone number so that I can have this matter investigated.
    I can only imagine that the package he was offering is the €39.99 for first six months with Unlimited local & national calls at off peak times and not anytime.
    If you do choose to PM me I will chase immediately.
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention
    Tony

Advertisement