Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lock for Arcade Coin Door

• 04-09-2011 7:39pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where i can get one of these, the coin door i got didnt come with one and i cant find one anywhere. dont want to spend mad money on it either as its only for show.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Any locksmiths will have them, their called locker locks afaik
    I've changed mine 2 or 3 times since I got my machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

You looking for a cam lock. And as stated above any decent locksmith type shop should have them in stock. Should not cost ya more than a few euro.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thanks guys, wasnt sure what to search for on ebay etc. ill check out a locksmiths tomorrow see how much they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I dont have the key to mine so cant rewire the buttons, any handy tips to open without a crowbar?

Can you take the screws out of the door and take the whole thing off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Thing the screws are on the inside, cant get too it with out a key or taking the monitor out, its an old poker cab!

ah right, doh. you might try one of these..

4114466_f520.jpg

I dunno, unless there is a number on the lock, sometimes they have a number on them that corresspond to the number on the key that opens it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

No key, maybe there is goodies in behind that door.
    Drill straight through the lock with a 8-10mm SDS bit, will take about 1minute:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

If this is a lock similar to the type on laptop security cables(the one on my cab is very close to the kensington style locks) then maybe you might open it using the old toilet roll insert trick.

I have opened many many locks with this trick over the years after users have losts keys ect.

Advertisement