Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing Religious Education at home?

• 04-09-2011 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Okay, so I got an A2 in Religion for my Leaving Cert last summer, and I could have gotten an A1 if I hadn't run out of time- I got an A2 despite leaving out a quarter of the exam paper. I was thinking of repeating, and the school where I was thinking of doing so does not do Religion for the LC. Would you guys think it would be possible to do Religion again, but by myself at home?

For those who don't know what Religion entails, its a pretty big course which also has a project for about 20% of the marks. Would it be possible to get books or information as well as project booklets from, let's say, my old teacher?

I'm thinking of doing two new subjects I only did in Junior Cert (Geography and Business)+three of my best(History, Biology, English)+Religion at home. The Religion course is basically second nature to me- I find it really interesting and have no problem retaining all the info or writing the essays, because I enjoy it.

Does anyone have any advice or stories which I might find helpful? Did any one of ye ever do a subject at home? I was thinking of calling my old Religion teacher and inquiring about books etc. tomorrow, but the deadline is tomorrow too...

Help would be very appreciated and thanks guys! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The deadline for entering for a subject (if you are in a school) is just after Christmas, not tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

But the deadline for repeating in the places I want to is tomorrow (today now).

Advertisement