Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When logging into a website it doesn't go to the next page but reloads the same one

Options
  • 04-09-2011 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi

I was hoping someone would be able to help me with an issue. I have searched the web but still have not found an answer. I go to www.dreamteamfc.com and enter my log in details, however it doesn't bring me to my account page where it is supposed to show my fantasy team. Instead it reloads the same page. I thought at first it may be a probably with the site but after researching it isn't. Someone suggested it may be my security on my laptop (i'm currently running with AVG) but i really don't know.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve this i would be very grateful.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭swampgas

IcyRossa wrote: »
    Hi

I was hoping someone would be able to help me with an issue. I have searched the web but still have not found an answer. I go to www.dreamteamfc.com and enter my log in details, however it doesn't bring me to my account page where it is supposed to show my fantasy team. Instead it reloads the same page. I thought at first it may be a probably with the site but after researching it isn't. Someone suggested it may be my security on my laptop (i'm currently running with AVG) but i really don't know.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve this i would be very grateful.

Thanks

Can you log in on someone else's PC?

Is javascript / java enabled in your browser?

Have you tried a different web browser - say Google Chrome? (You might have to download and install it.)

Are there any other web sites that don't work for you - say gmail?

Can you disable AVG and try it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 IcyRossa

swampgas wrote: »
    Can you log in on someone else's PC?

Is javascript / java enabled in your browser?

Have you tried a different web browser - say Google Chrome? (You might have to download and install it.)

Are there any other web sites that don't work for you - say gmail?

Can you disable AVG and try it?

Yes i can log in to it on another computer
    Yes i have tried Firefox, IE and Google Chrome
    Java is enabled
    Any other website i try like Gmail works
    I'm not 100% sure how to disable AVG, have stopped the shield suggested by other people but this doesn't solve my problem either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭swampgas

IcyRossa wrote: »
    Yes i can log in to it on another computer
    Yes i have tried Firefox, IE and Google Chrome
    Java is enabled
    Any other website i try like Gmail works
    I'm not 100% sure how to disable AVG, have stopped the shield suggested by other people but this doesn't solve my problem either.

Hmmmm - strange enough. You could take a chance and just uninstall AVG, as a test, re-install it if it made no difference, and install some other anti-virus if it is the issue. (Windows Security Essentials is free from Microsoft as an alternative. It not brilliant but it may well be adequate.)

Advertisement