Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG talk!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Fittle wrote: »
    I assumed every boyfriend I've ever had just REALLY fancied me early in the morning:D

Haha:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Fittle wrote: »
    I assumed every boyfriend I've ever had just REALLY fancied me early in the morning:D
    PMSL :D:D:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Even babies get mini boners. Glad I knew this before I saw it with my own eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Even babies get mini boners. Glad I knew this before I saw it with my own eyes.

I had no idea until I saw it with my firstborn...... I was amused and shocked in equal measures:D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Male infants may even get mini erections while still in the womb.

Yeah the fact freaked me the hell out when I found it out, cos I was pregnant and even more so when I remember a few months after I had my son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

We don't ever plan on having a BIG talk, we only have boys but, I have always spoken to them factually about reproduction, genitals etc. It will never be a shock to them, and I really hope that by always being open and honest with them and answering their questions in an age appropriate manner that they will always feel they can talk to me about things that I found too embarrassing to talk to my own parents about.

I recently read of a woman who told her 5 year old that babies come out your bellybutton, makes no sense to me. Why lie?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

http://www.fpa.org.uk/factsoflife

test-shw-banner.gif
    Welcome to the Facts of Life

At FPA we know that talking to your children about growing up, relationships and sex can be tough.

Some parents find it easy. But many mums and dads don’t. What should I tell them at this age? Will I know the answer? I’m embarrassed to talk about it. Worries can stop you from talking at all, or you answer a few questions but don't know how to carry on.

Sound familiar? Then you’re in the right place. At FPA we want to give mums and dads across the UK the confidence and information to talk to their children about the facts of life.
    Watch our video

At an FPA parenting event we asked some mums to tell us what their children have said about sex and relationships to them.

http://www.fpa.org.uk/communityprojects/parentsandcarers
    FPA and BBC bare facts website
    BBC Bare Facts

bare facts is a website created by FPA and BBC Learning to support parents and carers talking about sex and relationships with their children.

The site is themed around ten common questions parents ask us on Speakeasy courses. They include some of the major embarrassment and fear factors parents can experience and tips on how to deal with these.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/barefacts/

Advertisement