Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

krav maga?

Options
  • 04-09-2011 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

anyone know of krav maga courses in Athlone or midlands?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

+1 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 luckylock

up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

luckylock wrote: »
    up!

???? up??????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 luckylock

any news?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭conor2469

I was looking for Krav Maga in Westmeath too, the nearest seems to be in Clondalkin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

There was a charity day doing this in the Hilmar in kinnegad a few weeks back. Hollween weekend I think. I think there is a guy in Kinnegad looking to get something up and running. I will let him know this thread exist cause the more interest he gets the more chance he has of getting a class down here.

But yeh I think the nearest is Clondalkin

binxeo wrote: »
    There was a charity day doing this in the Hilmar in kinnegad a few weeks back. Hollween weekend I think. I think there is a guy in Kinnegad looking to get something up and running. I will let him know this thread exist cause the more interest he gets the more chance he has of getting a class down here.

But yeh I think the nearest is Clondalkin

That's great, I am very keen to do this, I was considering making the journey to Clondalkin for the classes. So if someone in Kinnegad was considering starting up a class I would definitely be on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

conor2469 wrote: »
    That's great, I am very keen to do this, I was considering making the journey to Clondalkin for the classes. So if someone in Kinnegad was considering starting up a class I would definitely be on the list.

This lad I know attends classes in Clondalkin I think but it is a fair hike up with so he is mad to get classes set up down here, the next time I am talking to him I will direct him to this thread and see what the story is, best I can do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 schnurbart

Watch this space.... I organised a 1 day course in the Hilamar Hotel in Kinnegad on Halloween as a charity event. Patrick Cumiskey of Krav Maga Ireland provided the training.

The day was a tremendous success but the attendence suffered due to it being a bank holiday weekend. There was still plenty of action though. There were many there who had years of experience of martial arts who were nothing short of astounded at the level this stuff takes you to very very quickly.

I suggested to Patrick about setting up something similar to the seminar type weekend classes he does regularly in Dublin & he said if we can get the numbers then it will happen.

So it's up to yourselves...... I can get the same venue for a two day event at various dates in the new year.

It could be organised for a similar price to the classes in Dublin but that would have to be looked into first just to confirm it. This is the most cost effective & time efficient martial arts system in the world bar none and it's benefits aren't confined to what may happen in the street. It deals with every type of confrontational situation be that physical or otherwise in very surprising & realistic ways.

I suggest looking at www.kravmagaireland.com for more info or check out Krav Maga Ireland on Facebook & if you're interested just let me know on here & I'll get cracking on setting it up.

Thanks

Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Balboa1983

Hi Derek I live down in Kinnegad and I would be really interested in krav maga classes. I didnt even know there was an event on in the hilamar, Had I known I would've attended. Defo count me in if your organising anything

Cheers
    Alan

• Advertisement

I'm definitely still on for this anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Hi all,

bit of an amateur Kravist myself. Have a few books, watched a lot of Youtube, hardwired a few basics into me and used them twice in 3 years to good effect (satisfactory outcome for some concerned).

Anway, this will be of interest. Krav Maga in Portarlington. starting Thurs Jan 12th in the Community Hall / Centre. See here http://www.adverts.ie/tuition-classes/krav-maga-classes/1030749

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ShadowFax

Hey Guys, This may be of interest to you ......

poster.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Midlands Krav Maga

"Krav Maga Midlands" run classes on Monday & Thursday nights @ Max fitness, Dublin Rd Portlaoise. From 8-9.30pm
    Krav Maga Global affiliated. Email: midlandskravmaga@eircom.net for more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

Thanks for replies but 160k round trip from Athlone ain't a runner for me anyway.
    I hope someone runs krav courses in Athlone at some stage, how many would you need to make it viable? 10 to 15 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Any plans to run a class in Athlone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Midlands Krav Maga

I have not rule out starting a class in Athlone . However the 2hr round trip is the only problem. We would require 10 - 15 students to make it work.

Advertisement