Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do you drink

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭few cans?

100th post. time for a celebratory can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Just never made sense to why some one would drink 4 cans on a tuesday night... :confused:

Because its Childrens Allowance on Tuesday and theres nothing else the money would be going on.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

few cans? wrote: »
    as opposed to watching tv and not having a few cans?

ah lad bucky is rotten! id rather drink varnish

so what your saying you feel that modern day media as a hole can't enterain you and that drink helps pass the 7 hours a day you have free to drink provideed that you indeed work 8 hours day and like most of us spend about an 1hr and 30 mins travlling?

so what your saying you feel that modern day media as a hole can't enterain you and that drink helps pass the 7 hours a day you have free to drink provideed that you indeed work 8 hours day and like most of us spend about an 1hr and 30 mins travlling?

no.. i am saying i enjoy a few cans

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Why do people drink a couple of cans of beer during a school night etc...
    In my house we don't drink that often its more of a pleasurable past time apposed a something you do a few days of the week and weekend?

Just never made sense to why some one would drink 4 cans on a tuesday night... :confused:

Snow Monkey, a little advice.
    Yer getting close to 15000 post now so I suggest you take at least a Sabattical year off until your brain heals.
    Then you might be able to come up with sensible, possibly even interesting Threads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

FYP
    A minister decided that a visual demonstration would add emphasis to his Sunday sermon.

Four worms were placed into four separate jars.

The first worm was put into a container of alcohol.

The second worm was put into a container of cigarette smoke.

The third worm was put into a container of chocolate syrup.

The fourth worm was put into a container of good clean soil.

At the conclusion of the sermon, the Minister reported the following results:

The first worm in alcohol - Dead

The second worm in cigarette smoke - Dead

Third worm in chocolate syrup - Dead

Fourth worm in good clean soil - Alive.

So the Minister asked the congregation -

What did you learn from this demonstration???

Maxine was sitting in the back, quickly raised her hand and said,

'As long as you drink, smoke and eat chocolate, you won't have worms!'

That pretty much ended the service...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I would usually have a glass of red wine every evening with a meal and a few glasses at the weekend. I really enjoy it and it helps me to relax/unwind after a stressful day.

Godsentme wrote: »
    Yer getting close to 15000 post now so I suggest you take at least a Sabattical year off until your brain heals.
    Then you might be able to come up with sensible, possibly even interesting Threads.

Im just curious princess if you gotta problem block me dont read the threads i set hey even shoot your self in the head for all i care :rolleyes:

no.. i am saying i enjoy a few cans

Ive heard stoners say that to funny......

Ive heard stoners say that to funny......

i dont know what you mean by this but man you seem stressed. you should crack open a can of dutch and just chill out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Never drink/drank during the week.

Don't drink much at the weekends at all anymore. Just feel much better without it (except for a nice glass of wine or two or maybe three!). Try it! :D

• Advertisement

i dont know what you mean by this but man you seem stressed. you should crack open a can of dutch and just chill out!

So would, drink cans every night ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Lightweights pffft....

So would, drink cans every night ?

ah no. 3 or 4 times a week maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭miggins

I like turtles........on Tuesday nights

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Dam mate, you musta been on 1 hell of a session, it's Sunday night now.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Why not?

ah no. 3 or 4 times a week maybe

and what about the weekends

friday and saturday night , sunday afternoon?

do you play any sport?

Dam mate, you musta been on 1 hell of a session, it's Sunday night now.

:D

:pac:

it is were did the last few days go :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

its not really worth it unless its enough to make me at least tipsy. A couple of cans wouldnt do that.
    can help me sleep sometimes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Godsentme wrote: »

Dont be a dick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

If you don't drink how are you suppose to talk bollux to strangers????:confused::confused:

and what about the weekends

friday and saturday night , sunday afternoon?

do you play any sport?

aye would usually have a few the weekend too. especially if i go home to waterford. do nice few sports, boxing on thursday nights and football on monday nights. have a good job and a great girlfriend. and having a few cans just the icing on the cake. in fact all this talk of a few cans enticed me to crack open a can i found behind the couch. cheers for that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

It’s just to uphold a long family tradition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Don't drink cans on a night in but I take great pleasure when after a hard day, or even a relaxing one, I can chill out with a few bottles of beer or some glasses of wine.
    It's the most relaxed I can be and it doesn't involve getting drunk
    To answer the OP, some people drink to get drunk, some people drink to relax which is me.
    It isn't a necessity for relaxing btw

aye would usually have a few the weekend too. especially if i go home to waterford. do nice few sports, boxing on thursday nights and football on monday nights. have a good job and a great girlfriend. and having a few cans just the icing on the cake. in fact all this talk of a few cans enticed me to crack open a can i found behind the couch. cheers for that ;)

Thats fair enough...

personaly speaking I just never got the hole few cans mid week few nights a week not my thing...

actualy I dunno how people go to work like that the hangovers would kill me........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Honestly i never ever drink on a week day. It just feels wrong. I will drink on a friday & saturday night only.

The idea of having a load of cans on a tuesday or wednesday night gives me the shivers to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

To relax and to try and forget about things for a while,also so that I can be more comfortable/sociable around people,especially women,dutch courage and all that.

I usually take it too far and end up having a bottle of vodka/jameson/whatever or 12 cans before leaving the house and end up not remembering anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I drink out of a bottle . . .

this thread has genuinely got me on the cans for the night. on my 2nd one now and i wasnt planning on having any tonight.

• Advertisement

this thread has genuinely got me on the cans for the night. on my 2nd one now and i wasnt planning on having any tonight.

ahhhhh talk to Frank will ya :P

:pac:

Advertisement