Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do you drink

Options
1235»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

All poor or socially deprived people around the World have escape hatches Alcohol is only one of many.They are used do help deal with the anxieties that are created more through lawlessness than deprivation.The Anxieties are created by the solutions to the problems.A circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Feisar wrote: »
    I was just thinking about this thread last night. I gave up drinking for three months while I was training for a charity boxing match. (We raised 17K for breast cancer go us!)
    Anyway the first night I was out without drinking was awful! I have to be honest and say I really didn't enjoy myself. I was out with my girlfriend a 5'11'' gorgeous Swedish blonde dressed to kill and I wasn't enjoying myself because I had a pint of water in front of me. I reckon that's a sad situation.
    Now I had no trouble not drinking but does that mean I have a problem?

I don't need drink to be confident, I'll happily yap away to people in a coffee shop during the day and work a bar no bother and chat to customers etc. so its not a social crutch I don't think but if I'm out at night I prefer to be drinking.

So does this look like I've a drinking problem?

Just looks like you enjoy a drink, I wouldn't be running to any AA meetings or anything.

I can't understand people having a few of a weeknight just like the OP. I suffer really bad from hangovers. If I have 6 cans or if I have 10 pints, 5 jager bombs, 7 sambucas its all the bloody same. It's mostly the depression and anxiety that gets me, usually in bits for about 48hrs after I drink. That why when I do decided to go drinking (not that often) I really make sure to get my moneys worth. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

paddyandy wrote: »
    All poor or socially deprived people around the World have escape hatches Alcohol is only one of many.They are used do help deal with the anxieties that are created more through lawlessness than deprivation.The Anxieties are created by the solutions to the problems.A circle.
    Or alternatively: people drink to get drunk, which is enjoyable.

Advertisement