Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asics Gel-Cumulus 12 versus 13

Options
  • 04-09-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I recently bought a pair of Asics Gel-Cumulus 13 running shoes from wiggle.co.uk as I think that my Asics Gel-Cumulus 12s won't last me till the Dublin marathon at the end of October. I've had the Asics Gel-Cumulus 12s since January. I got gait analysed at Amphibian King in Bray and the guy there said that I would be best suited to wearing the Asics Gel-Cumulus 12 running shoes.

I've run around 30 miles in my new Asics Gel-Cumulus 13s and I've found that there seems to be much less cushioning in them than the Asics Gel-Cumulus 12s. Has anybody found the same thing? I presumed that the Asics Gel-Cumulus 13 would have the same level of cushioning as the Asics Gel-Cumulus 12s. The Asics Gel-Cumulus 13s just seem harder on the feet.

Comments

manufactures can sometimes make big changes from year to year. alternatively the perceived change could be in your mind. I'd read reviews on the web from other people of this year's model to see what others are saying. I had cumulus 12 myself for a while and found the heel to be too big, they were too heavy in general and used to get hot spots after a few miles so didn't like them personally.

doesn't sound like it has changed dramatically....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJXUr4MyKWc

sometimes it can take up to 50 miles to break in shoes fully - depends on the shoe...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭IKO

I had Cumulus 12 last year and they were great. Can you still buy them anywhere? Not sure If I should buy 13 if they are different to 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Love the 12's as well. You can still buy them on amazon. I am going to buy the 13's as anything is better then what I am wearing now

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭TJC

13s are not great. Have heard lot of people complain bout them. Get the 12s somewhere if u can... I'm staying away from the 13s

• Advertisement

That's it 12's for me plus they are cheaper. Would you know of any other neutral runner

Asics Nimbus is also a neutral runner.

Thanks for the link.

Also, if u go to the amphibian king website and click on neutral there is a list of all neutral runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

IKO wrote: »
    I had Cumulus 12 last year and they were great. Can you still buy them anywhere? Not sure If I should buy 13 if they are different to 12.
    The Asics outlet store in Kildare Village had them yesterday. (Bought a pair myself!) Only thing is, sizing could be an issue if you wear a popular size they might be running low, or may not have the same colour options.

• Advertisement

Oh my god :) that is amazing that you wrote that today!!! Thanks man. I just came home form the Asics store in Kildare village with my new Cumulus 12!!!! I am so so happy. Apparently its in their contract that they can only sell last years models and not the new models, that's why is so much cheaper down there. but thats only good news! Its a fantastic store, all great asics gear, I will pop back at a later stage and buy some Asics runnings tops/shorts etc.

How much were they? Have they plenty of sizes ? Hope to get over there at the weekend

They were 77 Euro. The shelves seemed to be full with boxes...They have all models of Asics runners. I know they have size 7 & 12 at least. They even have them in 2 colours, the regular blue and white ones and the red and white ones. I bought an Asics gym bag aswell for only 3 Euro aswell!!!!! Nice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Women's were €77 too, they had 3 colour options. Got a running top too, but will be back for more I'm sure :) Staff seemed pretty knowledgeable too, which was cool. Nothing more irritating than clueless staff when trying to buy sports stuff.

Advertisement