Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netbook Upgrade

Options
  • 04-09-2011 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hi All

(Mods: I'm not sure if this should be here or the laptop section, please move it if I'm in the wrong section. Thanks)

My girlfriend has a HP Mini laptop which runs Windows Vista (I'd love to "downgrade" to XP but I don't think you can). Its really struggling with only 1gb of ram. I would like to upgrade the Ram in the computer.

According to the System Information for Windows program, the Laptop can take up to 4gb of ram but has only 1memory slot. It also uses DDR2 ram. My issue is that I'm not really up to date at all in terms of what is the best "cheap" ram to upgrade the laptop with.

I would love to be able to upgrade to 4gb of DDR2 but I don't know if I can afford that. I would ideally like to spend about 30-40euro and could maybe squeeze to 50euro at a push. Can anyone advise me on where is the best place to go, I would prefer to shop online but if its better to go off-line I will, and I would prefer to avoid Dabs.ie unless its much cheaper than anywhere else (I've had bad experiences in the past).

Also if there is a way to "downgrade" to XP if anyone can send me a link that would be great.

Cheers
    Regards
    Ian McDonald

Comments

Advertisement