Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25x/ 66x Bus to UCD

Options
  • 04-09-2011 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, does anyone here get either of these buses to UCD as I'm looking to get route information as what times they might stop at particular stops or how useful they are timewise.
    I'm looking to get a bus from around Palmerston to UCD mainly for 9:00 starts. I'm a first year noob so any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jan shyr

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/66x/
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/25x/

Click on view map to see route on google maps.
    Also it is not difficult to calculate times. After taking the buses, you will narrow it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

You can get the 18 and walk 25 minutes to Ranelagh. That's what I did for my final year, I live on the 18 route near Ballyfermot. I used to go into town and go out to UCD before that. Would take 90 minutes in peak morning traffic. 18 is a good way to go. You'd have to do a dry run. Walk would be awkward for your first time. Get off at Ranelagh and walk to Clonskeagh. This used to take me about 70 minutes, even with the walking so it was quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

I got the 66x every morning last year from Leixlip to UCD. No problem being there for 9. Very handy bus, very straight forward. The only problem is the very early start that is required for you to be in UCD for 9. I would leave a good two hours to get there, at least in the beginning, so you can judge for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Hi, does anyone here get either of these buses to UCD as I'm looking to get route information as what times they might stop at particular stops or how useful they are timewise.
    I'm looking to get a bus from around Palmerston to UCD mainly for 9:00 starts. I'm a first year noob so any help would be appreciated.

thanks

I've been coming from Palmerstown for the past 3 years. If you have 9am lectures I wouldn't recommend waiting on till 8am to get at the bus stop. If you want to get in on time be at the bus stop at 7:45am. I've never really checked the specific 25x/66x times but 1-2 generally come before 8am. Those are the ones you want. They're normally not too crowded. The 10 minutes makes all the difference because come 8am they'll most likely be packed and may not stop. If you end up getting these buses / missing them there's a good chance you're going to be late.

If you have a later start than 9am or miss the x's I'd recommend getting any bus to town. They'll all bring you to Nassau Street where you can wait on a 46a/39a.

Don't take the 18. Ever. It'll take anywhere from 1:30hrs - 2 to get anywhere near UCD and then you'll have a walk of 20mins or so. Even during exams I go into town and back out to the RDS. always works out quicker.

The new 26 route is also one to avoid. The buses at the N4 crossover are much quicker for heading via town.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Irish Jester

Thanks for the replys, Its all very helpfull.

• Advertisement
Advertisement