Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Visa CREDIT fully protect you against losing money if company shuts down

Options
  • 04-09-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Hi all Im curious. If you were to buy for instance a tv or a suite of furniture from a company and it went bankrupt, Just shut its doors, if you paid by VISA CREDIT CARD are you fully protected?
    I have read through various threads that say you are BUT on the AIB visa credit card t & c i cant see anything that stipulates this. Can anyone give a definitive answer? On various threads i have seen conflicting opinions. Any Ideas peeps? If visa does offer this protection it would be great but i would have assumed they would have advised this on their t & c's . I mean its a great selling point for their cards! ? ! By the way I have an AIB Visa. I have seen on other threads that both Laser and Visa DEBIT offer little or no protection to a company going bankrupt. So if you paid with one of them your pretty much screwed. :confused:

A quick bit i found on another website:
    ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS BUY ON CREDIT! Use interest free or a credit card. The amount of extra protection you get with consumer credit is well worth it.

http://www.aib.ie/personal/credit-cards/CLICK-Credit-Card-Terms-and-Conditions

http://www.aib.ie/servlet/BlobServer?blobcol=urldata&blobtable=MungoBlobs&csblobid=1214416749065&blobkey=id&blobwhere=1214416749065&blobheader=application%2Fpdf

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Visa credit and debit have insurance against companies that close. There are t&cs but in general you are covered. Msstercard credit is the same but mastercard debit and laser do not

Advertisement