Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a shotgun?

Options
  • 04-09-2011 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Looking a good shotgun for clay pigeon shooting and shooting rodents and the like.Something that will last me a good many years and costs between 400-500 euro.Any names of good manufacturers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

Looking a good shotgun for clay pigeon shooting and shooting rodents and the like.Something that will last me a good many years and costs between 400-500 euro.Any names of good manufacturers?

Can pick up a second hand Lanber for that price if you look around. Yildiz have a few guns on the market in that price range youd have a better chance of getting a new gun that price. If you wanted a semi- auto there would be plenty to choose from second hand that fit that budget , ideal for vermin but not all clay grounds like people shooting them , most dont mind though

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

I'd try a new bakial u/o or semi auto for €600. There not posh but as already stated else where on boards they are great,long lasting, do what it says on the tin, guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WhenTimeIsIt?

Thanks for the replies I'll check out all those brands.Was on the Lanber site earlier and came across this:http://www.lanberusa.com/images/2087big.png.It works out at about 520 euro in the U.S so it's probably more expensive here.Decent gun though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 KenOffally

I traded in my old single barrell recently and for 400 along with it (which was probly only worth 50 quid) i got a 7 month old yildiz 12 gauge , over/under, with full set of chokes and key, the gun is mint,, took a chance on the gun cos didnt really know them but ive since put two boxes of cartridges through it and its actually an excellet gun,, i fittted a fiber optic sight and a recoil pad, the gun is very very light as its got an alloy body, this is great for when your carrying it around for long durations but it does kick slightly, but not half as bad as sum heavier guns,, all in all i cant fault the Yildiz,,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Thanks for the replies I'll check out all those brands.Was on the Lanber site earlier and came across this:http://www.lanberusa.com/images/2087big.png.It works out at about 520 euro in the U.S so it's probably more expensive here.Decent gun though?
    Ya that lanber would be 1100 euro here. Brands to look out for here at 500 quid are Baikal, Yildz, Fabarm, lincoln,Rizzini,Marocchi,Breda,Huglu,Sabatti,Silma and a range of sxs such Aya Baikal,Aya,Harrier,Kestrel,Laurona,Zabala. All these guns will be 2ndhand except for maybe the baikal and Yildz. You should get a decent gun for the 500 alrite. Bring some with you who knows shotguns. One of the best guns I bought for rough shooting was 200euro so its not all about price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

KenOffally wrote: »
    I traded in my old single barrell recently and for 400 along with it (which was probly only worth 50 quid) i got a 7 month old yildiz 12 gauge , over/under, with full set of chokes and key, the gun is mint,, took a chance on the gun cos didnt really know them but ive since put two boxes of cartridges through it and its actually an excellet gun,, i fittted a fiber optic sight and a recoil pad, the gun is very very light as its got an alloy body, this is great for when your carrying it around for long durations but it does kick slightly, but not half as bad as sum heavier guns,, all in all i cant fault the Yildiz,,
    A good gun for the money, where would ya go wrong at that money, I have shot them and they are lite. I am thinking a beginner might be a little bit better off with a heavier gun in the beginning. What do you think?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Thread closed as the OP has been banned for re-regging to get around a siteban.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement