Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would it cost to block up a door?

• 04-09-2011 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I have a regular 3ft door into a sitting room that we don't use and want to block it up, can anyone give me a rough idea of the cost of blocking it up.

What do I need to do? Stud wall, insulation/soundproof, plaster board, skimcoat? Am I on the right track?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

that all sounds ok,is the rest of the wall built using stud,or is it block mortar and skim.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Upsy_Daisy

Hi its a block and mortar wall, spoke to some people today and said if it was going to be a permanent change then build it up with blocks and mortar rather than stud wall.

yes i would suggest the same,as stud partition is hollow and rest of wall would be solid,defo would build it up with blocks mortar and skim.

Got a quote from plasterer today for €80, now I'm going to beg, borrow or steal blocks and cement from my brother who is building at the moment. I'm hoping €100 will do it.

very fair price,very fair,any time its under a 100 quid is always reasonable imo especially if you dont know the guy:)

• Advertisement

My plasterer is an absolute gem, he did all the internal and external plastering for us when we built the house and his work is brilliant so I'm best pleased.

Advertisement