Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Former Wwe Superstar Mick Foley Coming to Dolans

• 04-09-2011 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

I thought I should let the limerick people know , that the wrestling fan still in me is delighted to see former wrestler Mick Foley is coming to limerick to do his improv comedy show in Dolans Nov 4th Tickets are quite reasonable aswell 17 to see the show and 25 for a meet and greet.

Taken from Dolans FB page
    He's a former WWE champion, a hardcore legend and a New York Times best-selling author. He's a globetrotting athlete and entertainer that has bled and sweated for hundreds of thousands of fans all across the world. Now Mick Foley has exchanged the world of headlocks, steel chairs and punches for the world of stories, banter and punch-lines. Universally acclaimed as one of the most entertaining talkers in professional wrestling, Mick has decided to unleash his verbal talents on the world of stand-up comedy. With his unique combination of wit and easy-going, understated charm he's sure to enthrall fans old and new from behind the microphone.

Mick made his debut as a stand-up comic in 2009 at the world famous Improv in Los Angeles, California. Since then he's shared his anecdotes and observations with audiences across the length and breadth of America. In November of this year Mick will make his eagerly anticipated European stand-up comedy debut in Cork, something that his Irish fans have been clamouring for the last two years. Always an immensely popular performer, he's sure to be welcomed with open arms.

As a professional wrestler, Mick Foley has a resume that is almost unparalleled in the industry. Since his debut in 1985 Mick has worked alongside and opposite a veritable who's who of the wrestling business; Hulk Hogan, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson are among his contemporaries. Mick's comedic talents were famously showcased during a TV segment with "The Rock" on WWE's Monday Night Raw programme in 1999 that attracted an audience record that stands to this day. The former King Of The Death Match is also revered for his dramatic, shocking and physically gruelling matches. His infamous 1998 "Hell In A Cell" bout with WWE icon The Undertaker is one of the most watched and discussed contests of all time. His ability to shift between light-hearted hilarity and ice-cold intensity has made Mick one of the most fascinating characters in wrestling. This can be seen in Barry Blaustein's feature docum entary, "Beyond The Mat" which features Mick heavily.

Mick's track record outside the ring is impressive enough in its own right. His autobiography, "Have A Nice Day: A Tale Of Blood & Sweatsocks", shot to the top of the New York Times best-seller list upon its release in 1999. Hugely successful and critically acclaimed, it appealed to wrestling-fans and non wrestling-fans alike. His TV credits include shows as diverse as Robot Wars, Boy Meets World and Jon Stewart's Daily Show. Away from the spotlight Mick is an advocate and volunteer for RAINN, the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network, devotes time to numerous charitable causes yet still finds time to indulge his passion for theme parks, Halloween and Tori Amos.

With such a wealth of personal experience to draw upon, Mick Foley's first ever Irish stand up tour is sure to be hilarious and captivating in equal measures. Hecklers, however, should think twice in case they find themselves on the receiving end of his trademark mandible claw finishing move.

Mick had this to say about the tour:
    "I am enormously excited and relieved about my upcoming comedy tour. Excited about the prospect of telling stories, hearing laughter and fielding questions from some of my most loyal and dedicated fans. Relieved that I finally have a real answer to the one of the two questions I'm most frequently asked: when are you coming back to Ireland? As far as that other question, about returning to WWE, I guess we'll have to wait and see."

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Stop telling people!!!
    I want to make sure i get my ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

AWESOME!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

zuroph wrote: »
    AWESOME!!

The-Miz-Pictures-254.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Do you think Munster will sign him up to replace Tony Buckley...:p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

washman3 wrote: »
    Do you think Munster will sign him up to replace Tony Buckley...:p

I'd pay a fortune to see him break out Mister Socko and hit the Mandible Claw in Thomond Park! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I'd pay a fortune to see him break out Mister Socko and hit the Mandible Claw in Thomond Park! :D

Front up yer fortune and I will have a street brawl with Mick for ya. Alphonsus street rules apply of course.:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Bump!

Bang bang!

Mick_Foley_Bio_0005.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

he was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Coyote1

Hi Guys photos from the night are up on our facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/Munsterimages

Sorry I could not stay and get everyones photo but I had another Gig to cover.

It was a great night though.

:cool:

Advertisement